need help deciding lift and tires

motoxraca33

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
hey guys im lifting my truck within the next week and have up to 3000 to spend on lift tires and rims...i want to do an 8 inch but i think between the tires and lift i would be over my budget. so maybe a 6? tell me what you guys think i should do, and what brand lift and everything you suggest. THANKS!!:D maybe post some pics if you got em so i have an idea also.

Friis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess it depends on whether you want looks or ride quality. If it is mostly for the looks, you could go with blocks and spend more on tires and wheels. If you want a good ride and maybe some flex, you gotta spend more on the lift. Don't have any experience or advise on the brands though. Theres tons out there, but from what i've been told, ICON should be worth the extra coins. Anyway, that's what i'm going with... when i get some cash ;-)

MattM

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My thought would be to plan exactly what you want, performance, look and wait until you have the funds to purchase you want.

Plan ahead, spend less.

chris o.

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
craigs list!!! i got 20 inch wheels without a scratch on them for $400!. ok i got the wheels, then i found 37/13.50/20 tires with about 5000 miles on them for 550! thats like a $3500 set up for $950! just got to look, if you have the time...

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about 5 of these wheels with caps and lugs? 18"s that are hubcentric for our trucks.

401Ballistic-B-SuperCap-med.jpg

Reaction score
yeah you'll find that there is not that much difference in price going from 6 to 8 inches however anything less than 37 inch tires wont look right on a 8 inch truck. Like they said find you a good deal on wheels and tires. With the price of fuel alot of people are downsizing their wheels and tires all the time. An icon lift is gonna be over yer 3k budget for just the lift. I have a pro comp 6.5 and beat it pretty good on a trails and have only broken one center pin doin to drifting.

lomac9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definately wait and get what you want. You get what you pay for. My 05 rides awsome and would drive cross country its so smooth. 8in lift, 37x13.50 Toyos on 22in XDs

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14