need help deciding lift and tires

ford7379trucks

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
how do you plan to drive this truck? Farm truck, daily driver? Any distance driving. Do you haul anything? Unless its a farm truck $3000 wont get you a quality kit, shocks, tires, wheels, and brake lines. you will need 4 springs, sway bar links or brackets, brake lines and shocks, wheels and tires, gears front and back or a speedometer recalibration but gears are better. And then figure in replacing your tires , wheel bearings, and u joints twice as often. get real expensive.

05lariat

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ive got the rough country 3" lift on my 05 f250. it clears 35x13.50 with no problem and its a great riding lift. my truck rides as good as my buddies stock 05 f250

Fine69

Reaction score
If you REALLY want the best possible ride, Carli is the best lift on the market. However, forget your $3000 budget. Icon would be my next choice, but again, they're pricey. BDS makes a nice kit too. If I was you, I would get the kit that fits your needs best, then worry about getting wheels and tires. If all else fails, wait until you can afford EXACTLY what you want, you'll be happier in the long run.

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go with BDS 6" kit with full leaf packs and the monotube shocks myself. I've run a number of the kits and I really like the BDS kit. The shocks will make a big difference no matter what kit you decide on getting.

I will be doing a 4" kit on my truck with custom leaf springs and monotubes. That way I can still get under my GN trailer and will have a good ride without too much kick back on the mileage side.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14