Need Help!

CORNBOY

Cornboy
Reaction score
We are about to cross over the border into Canada pulling our 5er and my truck has developed a rough spot. At first I thought I just got a hold of some bad diesel, but now I'm not sure. It does fine under a load and anything over 2,000 rpm. When I'm just accelerating normally it hits about 1200 rpm and starts surging and running rough until about 1,600 rpm. When I have my foot all the way in it, it will pull just fine with no rough spot. I have cleaned out the fuel filter bowl, disconnected the tuner, and replaced the CPS to rule any of those out. Any ideas?? I would really like to figure this out before we get into Canada.:confused:

CORNBOY

Cornboy
Reaction score
I took it to a local shop today to get it diagnosed. The technician plugged in his Snap On scanner and took it for a spin. The only code he could get out of it was a code for the air intake heater. I had plugged it, per the air intake heater delete mod, and it was sending that code. The only thing he could come up with is the extra humidity/moisture in this area. I took it home and hooked up the intake heater and took it to the local auto parts store for a few things. It started running really rough again so I stopped and popped the hood to look and listen. On the driver side there is a loom of wires that run over the valve cover. The Chiltons manual calls it the engine control sensor circuit. I ran them with my hand to make sure they didn't come in contact with the exhaust manifold (grasping at straws). I pinched the connection together and the truck straightened out and ran perfect. I drove it for about an hour and it ran great. :thumbs

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg