Need members help.

irish4x4

Mayor of Margaritaville
Reaction score
I pulled the stick on it last night and the fluid level was perfect/ the fluid was clean (no specks on the white plastic end). It touched 200 deg. climbing the on ramp, so, maybe 10 sec. It was only 40 some degrees here Sunday so things were nice and cool.

Im headed over to a friends Trans shop so he can drive and diagnose.:goodluck

Last edited:

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Well I hope it goes better for you than it did me. The truck is still under warranty, might be cheaper to let Ford fix it.

irish4x4

Mayor of Margaritaville
Reaction score
OK, my oil burnin bretherin. Trans shop scan and diagnostic show no malfunction with the trans. They HIGHLY reccomend a changing of the fuel filters. Ive got Trap league :hunter tonight so I'll park it and attack it Sat. Thank you all for your help. I'll post an end result.....good or bad.

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, and I hope I'm wrong for your sake, but I can't see fuel filters giving it shifting problems. I wouldn't really thing that 210 would kill the fluid or the trans that quickly, but, you're certainly due for a fluid change in the tranny as well, and the tranny filter up front.

One thing you didn't mention, and I'm curious, is what happens when you back off the throttle during the 1-2-3 gears? does it pull pack like it's connected, or feel like it's free wheeling? Whatever it is, I wouldn't drive it any further than you absolutely have to. If it is a trans problem and you have low pressure (or something to that effect) you WILL wipe out clutches for lack of proper application pressure. (hence my question about when you take your foot off the throttle)

Good luck my friend!

irish4x4

Mayor of Margaritaville
Reaction score
When I back off the throttle is decelerates as normal (connected) in both drive gears and tow/haul. It feels like more of a surging issue at speed and at take off and idle. You can hear the R's drop and come back.

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, then if that's the case since it seems to be holding in, just that the engine can't keep up, change those fuel filters!

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Irish 4x4, please don't take this the wrong way, no flame intended, but has the transmission ever been servised? The fuel filters having 51k leads me to wonder if you don't need to change the trans fluid and filters, at least top off diff's, T-case, etc. What shape is the air filter in? batt terms? brake and P-steering fluid? You need grease? Lower rad. hose chafed? Not my business, but the only way I keep my truck perfect is to tinker with it at least a few hours a week.

irish4x4

Mayor of Margaritaville
Reaction score
no problem. You have to ask questions to come to a solution. Trans is fully serviced (fluid & filter)every 20k (so, 1st was at 20k & 2nd. at 40k) Batts are 2 year old Yellow tops (putting out correct voltage) Alt. is new from dealer over summer. Diffs are full of royal purp. T-case is full and noise free. Coolant checks out.Everything is at it's proper level. My driveway is spot free as well as my parking spot at work. Injector harness was warranty replaced last year. Air filter is aftermarket. The only things I know need attention, and will get it Friday evening, are the fuel filters, the EGR valve, clean off the MAS sensor and its not due for oil and chassis grease for another 1000 miles but I'll do it now too as long as I've got all the stuff out. Then we'll see whats up. I really appreciate the responses.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl