Need members help.

irish4x4

Mayor of Margaritaville
Reaction score
O.K.- Heres where I get to ask for help from you.

My 04 has decided to run like.......poop.
Facts:
1)Towed a 3000 lb car trailer ALL around town Sunday picking up new furniture for friends. Towed fine.

2) Monday afternoon, leaving stop sign under normal driving conditions (no heavy foot) the R's went to 3000+ then sloppy shift to second r's stayed at 2500-3000 for longer than norman then sloppy shift to third.

3) Trans fluid is full and clean (51K on truck / had one fluid and filter service at 20k and one done at 40k)

4) boost is hanging around 15/16 lb through the whole shift sequence.

5) I know my EGR is pulling 3.4 to activate (my or may not be relevant) needs to be cleaned or replaced.(again)

6) from 0 to 40 it feels like the engine and the trans are not fully connected. (slow to get to 40)

7)I can feel a slight surge happening ant the top of the rpm band right before a shift.

8) Everything is dry and accounted for under hood and along running gear.

9) I have never changed the fuel filter.

so........any thoughts?:dizzy

Last edited:

Blue01F250

Boomer Sooner!
Reaction score
well, it may not have anything to do with the trans shifting -- but CHANGE THE FUEL FILTERS! :) (should be two on your truck)

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
x2 on the filters. Unplug the egr and drive it. Do not be afraid of the egr, unplug it and ignore it. You didn't mention the mileage or if your the original owner, but those filters are spent.

irish4x4

Mayor of Margaritaville
Reaction score
WHAT?!? with our super clean diesel supply here in the states?:lmao
I have the new filters in the front seat now.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Thats why you should change them every 15-17.5k. Hopefully you didn't score your injectors with any foreign material. I see at one point you mention 51k on this vehicle. You buy this truck new?

irish4x4

Mayor of Margaritaville
Reaction score
Yes,sir. I stood there when they pulled it off the transport truck at the dealership. I made a quick call to my "Service Advisor" at the dealership and he informed me that I still have 2 years/50k on extended drivetrain warranty too. I seriously doubt than ANY filter is covered but it's nice to know I still have some factory protection somewhere.

silverF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For how long? what does trans fluid smell like, does it smell burnt? What power setting were you on?

Last edited:

silverF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The reason I ask all of that is, I fried my brothers by letting it get around 210* on the last 10 mins of a 550 mile trip. Then He had a couple of backing up and pulling forward to park it. So about a total of 20 mins. at 210 and she wouldn't drive on her own. The fluid looked fine but had a slight hint of being burnt. Hopefully this isn't your case.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl