Question Need some AC advice

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JLDickmon, What should the high and low side reading be on a f350. The AC shop here charged up my AC, but now I have a comp. making a crap load of noise when it kicks on. I think they over charge the system.

J_f250, I'll be blasting up and over Monteagle in a few week going to MN for a delivery.

Last edited:

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
JLDickmon, What should the high and low side reading be on a f350. The AC shop here charged up my AC, but now I have a comp. making a crap load of noise when it kicks on. I think they over charge the system.

J_f250, I'll be blasting up and over Monteagle in a few week going to MN for a delivery.

depends on temperature & humidity.
I'd take anything between 30 & 50 on the low side
and 225 & 350 on the high side

you've probably got a swashplate rattling because of higher heat loads with it being 90* out.

Last edited:

CHPMustang

Reaction score
John I don't recall the high/low numbers for the Excursion but wouldn't they be real similar to the single evaporator superduty trucks?

I need to get me a set of R134 gauges from Harbor,they're like $40 and if I get a couple years out of them I think I got my moneys worth,might also get a low cost pump to pull a vacuum on the system to make ready for a recharge with synthetic R134 as Don had recommended in another thread.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
don't get too carried away..
automotive/mobile a/c is going to be switching over to another new refrigerant here in a couple of years.

J_F250

SDD Burger Flipper
Reaction score
Since I cannot rent a set of manifold gauges anywhere I suppose I will ake it to a shop and ask them to hook it up to get readings. :dunno

Dieselsite's Max A/C assist helped some but not as much as I had hoped. Good product though and easy to hook up. I am sure if my A/C system worked correctly it would be great.

Last edited:

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crap J f250. I came blasting over Monteagle last thursday going to St. Paul MN. and forgot to get your number to call you. I had my A/C gauges in my truck too. Damn it man.......:rant

kenholl

Its my side of the garage
Reaction score
Changed the cabin filter?

If you are getting a 30-35 degree temperature drop coming out of the vents.
Thats about the best you can expect from R134a.
Hope this helps.;tu

X2!!! Mid-upper 50's is about the coldest air you will see out of your vents. Have you changed your cabin filter? I changed the one in my wife's '03 Altima today. It was BAD!!! There wasn't much air passing through THAT filter, I am sure!

I bought one for my '04 F-250, but can't quite find where it is on my truck. I am going to open a new thread on that so I don't hi-jack your's. 2004 F-250 ACC cabin filter

Last edited:

kenholl

Its my side of the garage
Reaction score
Have you changed your cabin filter? I changed the one in my wife's '03 Altima today. It was BAD!!! There wasn't much air passing through THAT filter, I am sure!

I bought one for my '04 F-250, but can't quite find where it is on my truck. I am going to open a new thread on that so I don't hi-jack your's. 2004 F-250 ACC cabin filter

I spent WAY too much time on this today before learning with a little help from my friends that my truck doesn't have a cabin filter! I find that pretty surprising, but apparently it's true. So, don't bother trying to replace your's!

However, it's worth looking into on any other medium-high milage vehicles that you own! It made a huge difference in my wifes '03 Altima (55k mi).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14