Need some advice on adding Tow Command to a 2008 F-250

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
As you all might know by now my truck was totaled in an accident in September. Did manage after a month's search to find a replacement two states away that was in good shape and not costing a king's ransom to buy. One problem though, there is an aftermarket brake controller on the truck and I want Tow Command. I have heard that it requires the installation of the Tow Command brake controller into wiring already in the truck from the factory, replacing the master cylinder with one that has a transducer port installed, and then having the PCM reflashed to have the truck recognize the controller. PowerStrokeShop used to have a kit along with the upfitter switch kid, but they are out of business. Anyone have any ideas as to where I can get all of the parts needed and instructions in one place? The local Ford dealer here (who also sells Dodge) says it can't be done, yet there are several eBay sellers selling individual bits and pieces.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it didn't come with it I wouldn't try to put one in. There are some RV's that come with brakes that don't like Tow Command.
I had to spend about $450 bucks to get it to like my trailer breaks. If the truck has one and it works with your RV now I would stay with it.
Doug

Last edited:

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ray I had one that was not from ford but plugged in the truck system and used the trucks ABS system too. I'll find it when I get home and send you the name of it. I think its about 250 bucks. But it work great on my 04. My new older truck 05 is a tow boss and has the system in it your looking for.

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
The reason I like the Tow Command so much is that it DOES work with my 1995 vintage Jayco with Dexter brakes and axles. But I am open to any and all ideas. Keep them coming!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58