Need some serious help!!

01Extreme69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, first off, I just got my rig. Its a 99 350 quad cab, long bed, 10" lift with 38's. Its got a SCT custom tuned chip, 4" exhaust, intake, zoodad mod. So ok, as you may have noticed, I didnt put anything about gauges. As I have read up on for the past two weeks, those are probably the most important thing to ever get. I need some help on what to get and whats the best in everyones opinion. I have been looking at the SCT Livewire, but does that monitor EGT? Please can someone tell me what I need to know about my rig. Example, gauges, must have mods, known problems, the best maintnance. Anything will be helpful. My rig isnt busted up by any means. Its just new to me and in great shape, just want to keep it like that, and make it better. Also, if anyone has the same thing with 38's what gears did you get?
Thank you very much!!!:thanks

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
both Isspro and Autometer guages are really good, and highly recomended.

I've got 38" tires, and I just kept the factory 3.73 gears, and it does just fine, no problems.:cool:

01Extreme69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks keanoknick, I was wondering about all that. I got the stock ones with it, so I will probably be throwing them back in. I was really curious about how it did with the stock ones. Any more info is appreciated. I am leaning toward some Autometer Z gauges. I like them. But I have the light colored interior. Thanks again.

txastuff79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got the ultralites and am happy but the blue led that shows up at night makes it top notch.

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
I just got the ultra lights from ITP and the window mount with the DIY kit. im super happy with the kit and the install. I like the stock green light, since it matches the trucks gauges at night:thumbs great price too.

black_cloud_stroker00

GO BIG RED!!!
Reaction score
Welcome to the site! post pics and fill out your sig when you get a chance

you seem to have the important mods done. check out the "technical articles wiki" at the very top of every page. Have you read anything about carrying a spare CPS (cam position sensor). If it goes bad, your truck will be out of commission. They're not that expensive, so it's cheap insurance. I carry a spare. You can check out my signature for the things I have done.

i found a cheap set of gauges and a-pillar pod on e bay. It came with Autometer z-series Boost and Pyro. I like them cause they match the interior better. If you have an auto I recommend a tranny temp gauge. heres a pic of mine

Last edited:

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run 38's on my truck with 4:56 gears. I do a fair amount of light towing and mostly in-town driving that was my main reason for my gear change. My truck also managed fine with the stock 3:73's but it has alot more bottom end grunt with the 4:56's.

I run autometer ultra-lite gauges in my truck and so far I haven't had any problems with them.

Last edited:

01Extreme69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have heard about the CPS, and I am working on getting one of them right now. I understand that it is something that can be changed on the side of the road pretty quickly.

I hear alot of people talking about just guages. Is that the best way to go. I see alot of displays, such as the SCT Livewire. Should I just keep my custom chip and run guages?

After I install the guages, can someone recommend my next mods?
This site rocks. Thank you everyone for the info.

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After I install the guages, can someone recommend my next mods?
This site rocks. Thank you everyone for the info.

Try searching in the "Accessories and Aftermarket" forum using "best mods", "first mods", etc... since yours is a fairly routine question and there really isn't anything new to be said on that topic.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58