BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Near Bradley Ca., saw a No Name station :

Unleaded 4.39

Super 4.49

Premium 4.59

NO DIESEL

They had ALL the requirements needed for GOUGING tho.. Near an lake side RV park, near a Marina, in the middle of No Where, 40 miles from a major Highway, City or Town. As we passed by, a Middle Eastern Gentleman was pumping some in to a can for a guy however.

Last edited:

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Theres BIG problems in Nigeria as well.

and sudan and...and...

if i were an oil exploration company (or producer/refiner) no
WAY id set foot in ANY of these hell holes....the oil companies
invest BILLIONS in discovery & drilling only to have PIRATES come
in and kidnap or kill employees and then claim it all for themselves !

let 'em ROT, I say !

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
CA fuel prices definately suck no matter what part of the state.

Before I got outta the business, I used to make an annual road trip to the left coast. I would go west through NM & AZ. Just prior to entering CA, I always made it a point to fuel up not just the main tank, but my 100 gal aux also. I always searched ahead "on-line" for fuel prices ahead along my route. With that kind of fuel capacity, a .10/gal savings, paid for dinner.

My town of choice was Kingman, AZ. There was one station that would discount the fuel a few cents for driving a pickup vs a semis. With my tanks filled to the brim, I could pull my work trailer all week long, get outta CA, thru OR and into WA before I'd have to find another diesel pump. ;tu ;tu

Last edited:

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score

193605967v5_240x240_Front_Color-Khaki.jpg

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Years ago, my brother was going through Needles and his fuel pump failed. In those days a electric fuel pump cost under $20. The local service station sold him one for $125. and said take it or leave it. When you are out in the middle of nowhere, you do not have a choice. My brother was fighting mad, but had to pay the money to get home. This was in the early 60's.
Our only good thoughts was that this guy has to live in Needles, and during the summer Needles is only second to Death Valley in heat. It has seen 122 degrees in July, and most of the summer it is over 115. So in July we could smile as that sucker broils in the heat.

Thanks everyone on the good fuel locations. I will bypass Needles.
;)

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
About $.25 per gallon but that does NOT include the cost for my oil filtering setup (pumps, heaters & filter housings etc) nor driving time to pick it up.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
id love to know what your REAL - per gallon cost is...including
the drive time / mile calculation when you go to pick it up...

You'll never get that figure out of a veggie burner, all they know is that they are sticking it to big oil.

My hats off to the veggie burners and bio-brewers but the simple fact of the matter is it isnt cheaper or easier than pump fuel, nor is there enough supply to feed our nation, let alone our world.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About $.25 per gallon but that does NOT include the cost for my oil filtering setup (pumps, heaters & filter housings etc) nor driving time to pick it up.

yeah thats the issue w/ this stuff...no body has the HARD numbers
figured out...per gallon....cost to go get it, equipment, cost to filter and
brew it and then the added maint. required to run it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simmons Inaya