Never had a regen yet

styx97

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My 08 6.4 has @6500 miles on it.

A short time after I bought it, it started a regen but I was on the way to work. I had to stop to go to work. The truck has never gone into regeneration again since then that I am aware of.

What should I do?? Is there a way to MAKE it do a regen??

styx

styx97

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Job 2 I think. I will chack. Does it make a difference?

Thanks!

skyhawk1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I guess I should have asked if you have had the latest flash. I think the job 2's did display "CLEANING EXHAUST FILTER" for just a second or two and if you were not watching the display it was easily missed. The latest flash displays the message utill it finishes. My job 1 regened about every 4 or 5 hundred miles when I first got it in June of 07 (would regen while parked) so it was easy to tell. I got the first updated flash which stopped the regen while sitting still and I thought it quit regening. After the latest flash it now regens every 4 to 7 hundred miles so I assum it was doing the regen all along but I couldn't really tell. Some (maybe most) guys say after the latest flash they are getting regens every 1 to 2 hundred miles! I would take the truck to your dealer and let them hook it up to see if you have the latest flash. Good luck.

hdjeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if the truck is running good, your lucky and screw the regen. regen sucks fuel and i wish mine never did it.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
That is how I understand it. Ask your dealer. They will fix it under warranty, but you may not like the regen process. Several have complained that they loose power when it regens. I don't know as my truck is a 2004 model.

Dave

SteveK

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My '08 6.4L has gone through numerous evolutions of regen. Shortly after I got it in Sept '07 it would blow tremendous amounts of white smoke during regen. Several months ago a recall was installed by the dealership and I have a generally smokeless regen cycle with the "CLEANING EXHAUST FILTER" message. Although you can definitely feel the cycle kick in, I don't have a material change in performance.

If you aren't getting a regen cycle, I would have the dealer check the truck to make sure. While regen is a huge annoyance, my understanding is that it is critical to keeping the emissions system from clogging. If it clogs, the truck won't run.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58