note New 6.7

odalith

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
One week into the wait on my new truck. Ford just called to let me know my truck will be one of the first with new numbers...

400 HP – 800 lbs ft torque

Ya gotta love those numbers!

More than the new Duramax @ 397 and 765.

Man that's a lot of power for a PU!

bill148

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score

Saw the upgrade. Ordered mine on 7-23-10. Haven't got the build date but should get the Vin this week. Congrats on your new truck. They will be awwwwwsome.

odalith

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Saw the upgrade. Ordered mine on 7-23-10. Haven't got the build date but should get the Vin this week. Congrats on your new truck. They will be awwwwwsome.

You ordered yours a couple of days before I did. I just talked to the dealer, he expects to get a VIN next week.

I'm getting anxious already. Trying wheels etc., in Photoshop

Congrats on yours!

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
I'm calling the dealer tomorrow to schedule my upgrade. From what I have seen today the upgrade will not be available until end of August.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
One week into the wait on my new truck. Ford just called to let me know my truck will be one of the first with new numbers...

400 HP – 800 lbs ft torque

Ya gotta love those numbers!

More than the new Duramax @ 397 and 765.

Man that's a lot of power for a PU!

that is going to be a mucho gusto:D

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can already hear the crying from the GM and Ram guys. 400 HP and 800 TQ Plus better MPG's. Sounds real good to us trailer pullers.
Doug

odalith

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm calling the dealer tomorrow to schedule my upgrade. From what I have seen today the upgrade will not be available until end of August.

After my inside source called me, my salesman called me shortly afterward to give me the "I told you so", (which he did). He said all the trucks on the lot will be upgraded right away. I mentioned my neighbor wasn't going to be happy because he received his 2011 last month. The salesman said all he had to do was bring it in for the upgrade. It sounds to me like "end of August" is just so they can upgrade inventory first.

I'm sure they'll take care of you on it.

My question was, "will I receive documentation to reflect the newer version"? I can see it now, we go to resell our trucks and the first question is going to be, is this the first or second phase 6.7.

When they upgrade you, you may want to insist on documentation!!!

odalith

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I can already hear the crying from the GM and Ram guys. 400 HP and 800 TQ Plus better MPG's. Sounds real good to us trailer pullers.
Doug

When I talked to the salesman, I told him I thought it wouldn't do Ford any good to upgrade those numbers if no one knew about it. He said Ford is going to make sure EVERYONE knows. I'm anxious to see the new commercials.
I think this may be problematic for GM. The Durmax, contrary to GM's claim that it's an all new engine, is the same engine with a new chip! The Duramax has been upgraded a few times now. Obviously GM waited until Ford released the 2011, 6.7 so they could make sure the 2011 Duramax had better numbers and then they only SLIGHTLY exceeded the Ford numbers. I wonder if they've pushed the envelope on the Duramax? And I'll bet Duramax owners are wondering the same thing!

If I was a Duramax owner watching GM continually chip the Duramax, I would certainly want an explanation for why MY warranty would be voided by a chip!!!

I know the Duramax, Allison, Dana combination is a good combination but it's still bolted into a GM truck and considering my experience with GM's lack of quality turning into a rattle trap, I have to consider the combination as much as a confession by GM that they just can't do it.

I also have to consider Dodge's use of Cummins with a Toyota transmission a comparable statement.

I know, I know, outsourcing is the new way to make a dime in the US. But even though the new 2011, 6.7 is made in Chihuahua Mexico, it is a Ford engine, bolted to a Ford transmission and a Ford rear end.

I'm curious if anyone else feels good about their new For truck being built completely by Ford?

I'm also curious what Dodge is going to do when the new Toyota diesel PU is announced???

Last edited:

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I'm happy and proud for you guys...
Let me know what trucks you're getting up off of, a used/abused one is all I can afford, and I really can't afford that right now..

Last edited:

odalith

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm happy and proud for you guys...
I let me know what trucks you're getting up off of, a used/abused one is all I can afford, and I really can't afford that right now..

I'm moving on from my 2001, F350, DRW, 7.3 and I hope I'm making the right decision. This truck has been the most impressive PU I've ever driven and that's coming from a died in the wool Chevy guy!

I'm even thinking about keeping it!!! Considering the value numbers I'm seeing on KBB and what the dealer offered me for trade in, keeping it seems like a good idea.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58