New addition to the collection

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
I have two DPMS rifles. One is new and still a virgin. The other I have had about 10 years and love it. Reasonable prices and very accurate. I shot a combat simulation course with it many years ago and did very well. DPMS will void your warranty if you use anything other than US made ammo however.

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Peter, The more I read about the DPMS, the more I like it. Which models do you own? Are they both .223 or do you have another caliber? As I stated I am looking at the Panther Bull 20, but would consider a .308.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
I have the Bull 20, but the 10 year old model, and the AP4 Carbine. I love the bull because there is virtually no muzzle jump. I have a red dot sight on it and can drop steel targets as quickly as I get the dot on them. The AP4 I have yet to shoot only because I can't afford the ammo. Both are .223. I might buy a .243 upper once I get a job because that is the calibre I hunt with. I plan to go hog hunting this summer and take my AP4 with a variable power scope I have in the closet. If you end up buying more than one DPMS in the same calibre you should not have any problem swapping uppers. My AP4 has the collapsible stock while the bull is fixed. I have had no regrets and bought mine on recommendation from an experienced friend.

zr1pete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey JL, and Kevin. notice it's chambered in the old M-60 machine gun round 7.62mm and not the 5.56mm or .223 caliber, The 7.62mm has much greater knock down power or kinetic energy.

Last edited:

dpantazis

Reaction score
that is basically the AR-10 in 308/7.62x 51. same basic platform as the ar15/m4/m16 but everything is 3-4x more expensive. mostly because of volume of production and 'exclusiveness'.

i sold mine, i did not like it as much as i like my ar15. not as accurate as you might think.

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update

I put 100 rounds through it today just to start the break in. I have to say I was extremely impressed. Was dead on right out of the box.
I shot ten rounds at 10 feet with the iron sights to see where they were. Almost perfect!
Ten rounds at 10 feet with the laser, again about perfect.
I say almost perfect because it was shooting a little high. I opened the owners manual again to confirm what I thought I had read, the Crimson Trace is zeroed out to 50 feet, so without getting into ballistics an inch or two high at 10 feet is about right.
I put it out to the 50 feet and it was pretty much dead on. I think the only reason I was a little off is because I am still having some right arm troubles / pain from when I was wounded in Afghanistan 2 years ago and the surgery from that in December.
All in all I am very impressed.
The major problem I am having is finding ammo. I finally found ammo at Walmart today so I bought 600 rounds. I still need 40 SW, 380 Auto, 223 and 308 if anyone wants to send me some.

by the way I know this profiles me as a Domestic Terrorist :stir :lmao

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14