New Ford Fusion for her

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Congrats! :sweet. Love the looks of them and they keep throwin awards at them. I sat in the new taurus sho and OMG! Freakin sweet car! Its like the size of a Lincoln Town Car! I know she will enjoy the car and you wont hear any more complainin about the car for well over 200k hehehe:sly

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats Joe. I'm also hearing grumbles about our Explorer (it's too rough riding, uses lots of gas - actually gets around 17 mpg, etc.). The Fusions are nice cars but [I have a hard time with rear vision] in them because of the styling. My youngest son and his wife had a 2006 and put way over 100,000 miles on it (lots of miles due to her being a home health care nurse). The hybrid versions are getting lots of kudos too.

Drove it some this AM.. get'n 24 mpg's new :sweet

I hear yo on the rear vision.. but this one came with the Backing Alert thing.
Soon as you put in R, as you back up.. if you get close to anything.. the radio volume goes way down.... a ding-er comes on inside.. if you get To close, it turns to steady Chime. Amazing stuff nowadayz.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it some this AM.. get'n 24 mpg's new :sweet

I hear yo on the rear vision.. but this one came with the Backing Alert thing.
Soon as you put in R, as you back up.. if you get close to anything.. the radio volume goes way down.... a ding-er comes on inside.. if you get To close, it turns to steady Chime. Amazing stuff nowadayz.

Those backup alerts are nice too. They are really sensitive. A few years back, I had a vehicle in the shop and my salesman let me drive his F250 PSD demo for an hour or so. I backed into a parking spot that had hedge bushes along the edge. The alert started beeping and the beeps got faster and faster as I got closer to the bushes. The backup alert, as well as rear cameras should be standard on all vehicles. Also, on our Explorer, we've learned to bend the rear seat headrests forward to eliminate another blind spot.

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Dad has an 08 Fusion and really likes the car. It is comfortable, and easy on fuel.

It replaced a 97 Contour. He definitely upgraded. The Contour was a decent commuter, but was a bit small...... kinda like my Neon..... but the Boss likes it, so we keep it.....

I also love the new Taurus..... what a sharp ride..... I would get an SHO..... V-8 ponys..... but V-6 economy.... it is a turbo V-6

Last edited:

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
My Dad has an 08 Fusion and really likes the car. It is comfortable, and easy on fuel.

It replaced a 97 Contour. He definitely upgraded. The Contour was a decent commuter, but was a bit small...... kinda like my Neon..... but the Boss likes it, so we keep it.....

I also love the new Taurus..... what a sharp ride..... I would get an SHO..... V-8 ponys..... but V-6 economy.... it is a turbo V-6

Agreed! :sweet. The new v6's are the new muscle car v8's practically with great mpg. Cant go wrong! But the new Shelbys are so dang sweet!:sly

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14