New Head Unit

Reaction score
Bush,

Thanks! That helps a lot!
Now, what is the difference between the Premier model and the non-Premier, beside the warranty? I'm missing it.:dunno

:thanks

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
hey John, that pioneer you linked to at Crutchfield is out of stock and no expected ship date. better find another source!

I got less of a head unit than you want but did get it from crutch. they had good customer service and helped me on the phone diagnose and fix an issue I had. I will buy from them again. For reference, I bought an Aiwa and they just happened to make an adapter specifically for ford. I plugged it directly to my unit and directly to my truck and slipped the unit in place and was finished. I really like not having any custom wiring done.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bush,

Thanks! That helps a lot!
Now, what is the difference between the Premier model and the non-Premier, beside the warranty? I'm missing it.:dunno

:thanks

thats it...far as i know/can figure...warrenty... <just happened thats
what was avail. via ebay when i bought>...and when you buy on
ebay you wont get much of a warrenty <it could be gray market/non
us warrenty, which means you would have to send back to the seller>.

the pioneerelectronics.com site allows you to compare models feature
for feature, side by side.

every DROP of my equipment ('cept for the wires) has come from ebay....
ive dealt w/ what i FEEL are reputable sellers (check their ratings & history).

ncitro

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Gotta drop a quick line. I recently replaced my head unit with a Kenwood dual DIN setup. Single CD, had inputs in the back for Changer and an additional Line in. Mine came from Crutchfield with a cable to replace the changer with an IPOD for free. If you wanted to spend a little more you could get a cable that let you choose the songs and displayed their names in the radio display. It also had a USB input on the front which I love. I loved this unit because it took up the whole opening and had a better finish that a single din radio with the storage slot on the top. Here is a link to it:

Kenwood DPX-501

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-VuRJT2...rch=Kenwood+VENDORID113&SearchDisplay=Kenwood

h113DPX501-f_mt.jpeg

I purchased the 501 because of budget concerns, but it still had the USB jack. The 701 had a bit nicer display, but was a little more than I wanted to spend.

The only disadvantage it had was I use XM instead of Sirius, and it can control a Sirius unit. I use a Delphi Skyfi though for multiple vehicles so I simply installed it to the Line In.

I have owned Pioneer in the past and I would rate the sound quality as comparable. Best of luck in whatever you decide.

Last edited:

Deviant Diesel

Sooting 1 jerk @ a time!
Reaction score
Pricegrabber.com is the best way to buy anything or ebay.Already pulled the link for the 6800 for ya http://www.pricegrabber.com/p__Pioneer_DEH_P6800MP_In_Dash_CD_MP3_Player,__15727499. Difference between the Standard and Premier models is the warranty, but also there are way more audio controls and preferences in the Premier units, thus better sound quality.
Pioneer decks are the best way to go! I had a 7700 when mine got jacked, then I upgraded to this http://www.pricegrabber.com/p__Pioneer_DEH_P980BT_In_Dash_CD_MP3_Player,__26585757 plus the iPod adapter and XM I, never run out of music. Plus the Bluetooth feature rocks.

I also do some stereo installs in my spare time, so if you need any help shoot me a PM.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Pricegrabber.com is the best way to buy anything or ebay.Already pulled the link for the 6800 for ya http://www.pricegrabber.com/p__Pioneer_DEH_P6800MP_In_Dash_CD_MP3_Player,__15727499. Difference between the Standard and Premier models is the warranty, but also there are way more audio controls and preferences in the Premier units, thus better sound quality.
Pioneer decks are the best way to go! I had a 7700 when mine got jacked, then I upgraded to this http://www.pricegrabber.com/p__Pioneer_DEH_P980BT_In_Dash_CD_MP3_Player,__26585757 plus the iPod adapter and XM I, never run out of music. Plus the Bluetooth feature rocks.

I also do some stereo installs in my spare time, so if you need any help shoot me a PM.

Thanks, DD! I actually use Pricegrabber, too. I'm going to call the shop today and see if I can purchase the unit and they reimburse me, or if they have to make the purchase. They are going to do the install, but I may holler at you when it comes time to add an amp and subs. I would like to do that sometime in the future.:sweet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58