new law!!!

atk

Reaction score
about a month ago, the government passed a law regarding street racing....
anybody caught doing 50km over the speed limit will have there vehicle and drivers license suspended for 7 days. also there will be a minium fine of
$2000.00....so if you over the limit, they refer to it as racing....to many people have been injured and/or killed over the summer months do to this....i
also herd that there have some repeat offenders, so if any body plans to travel up here in Otntario, obey the speed limit, somewhat....honestly i think it was a good idea and i hope makes a difference. now i do speed frome time to time, but nowhere near that much over....:)

Reaction score
i read an article about confiscating cars for doing horsepower modifications. Hopefully they dont find out that diesels are fast.

ramprat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What crap, this law is utter crap & those that can think for themselves realize it's nothing but bull.

Who here has never gone 31.07 mph over the speed limit. It does not matter if you are on a 2, 4, 6 or 8 lane flat road with unlimited visibility and no traffic or not.

Who here has never broke the speed limit cuz they felt it was safe, yet they were speeding.

Let's not address the issues, but make up even more laws for people who break existing laws.

With gas prices rising the US Gooberment needs to go back to a national 55mph speed limit.

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I once heard that we pass 10,000 new laws a year across the USA. I feel sorry for you young guys. It seems now days, you can not do anything without violating some law. The new laws that are being passed by the "thought Police" are the worst. It is now a felony in New York to draw a picture of a noose. Seems that a group of people feel that, that is offensive. Carry that a little farther, and a group could pass a law saying that Ford Trucks are offensive, and make it a felony to posses a Ford truck. If they can do it with a picture of a noose, why can't they do it with a picture of a truck?

Sad, sad days are ahead for our young people, unless things change.
:doh:

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
have to get a sticker or a picture on it of a noose on the back window and drive up there , show them how the southern boys roll:sly its all about revinue and face, who wants to look good in front of who. anybody going to find something offensive, but come one now, the laws are for the money. so they can drive the "nice cars"

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
O.P.P. scares me--I have never, even by the slightest little amount, driven over the speed limit in Ontario (or anywhere in Canada, actually, not just Ontario).

and everyone else on the road blew your doors off...

that's what happened the last time I was in Ontario..

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
Things are a lot different in Canada, especially now. Crime rates in Windsor are the size of a pin compared to Detroit which these cities are about a 1/2 mile apart. I wish that such a law would get passed here in the states. I was on my way north on I75 towing a tractor with a blower atachment and almost had my trip stopped short by care less drivers. Just passing through Saginaw, in the right lane, some guy passes me using the merge lane and the shoulder. After going around me he went across the other 3 lanes within 5 feet of the front of each car. To my amazement there was a state trooper sitting in the emergency turnaround that saw the whole thing. Situations like this could end in a tragedy and a such law could lower the willingness to do stupid stuff.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Things are a lot different in Canada, especially now. Crime rates in Windsor are the size of a pin compared to Detroit which these cities are about a 1/2 mile apart. I wish that such a law would get passed here in the states. I was on my way north on I75 towing a tractor with a blower atachment and almost had my trip stopped short by care less drivers. Just passing through Saginaw, in the right lane, some guy passes me using the merge lane and the shoulder. After going around me he went across the other 3 lanes within 5 feet of the front of each car. To my amazement there was a state trooper sitting in the emergency turnaround that saw the whole thing. Situations like this could end in a tragedy and a such law could lower the willingness to do stupid stuff.

The demographics tell the story of the difference between the two cities.
Sad, but true.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Maxtor, I think you could modify your first line by changing the word "cities" to "countries".

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg