photos New LED lighting on the camper.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I have not done much to the old truck in quite some time but today I did install some new led's on the camper. Old fixtures were full of dust and looked kinda cheap. New ones are sealed and look shiny.

Here are the before and after photo's. Last two are with the lights off.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NICE!! I need to do that to my 5ther. Hey that first step out from the camper (when it's slide into the back of or truck) looks like it would hurt if you not ready for it....LOL

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
;tu Looks good Crumm

What did you use, or how did you.. remove the Graphics ?? Ours have begun to fade to the point.. the Rig would look better without'em.

Joe

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
What did you use, or how did you.. remove the Graphics ?? Ours have begun to fade to the point.. the Rig would look better without'em.

Joe
Heat gun, goof off, goo gone, wd-40 and lots of patience.

Problem is if your rig has faded at all then the pattern will never go away as the paint behind the decal is brand new looking and the rest is faded a little. I removed a bunch when the camper was only a year old and I can still see where they were when the sun hits it just right. I have tried buffing and polishing but the outline still shows. If yours have faded then I bet the paint has faded just a little too.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heat gun, goof off, goo gone, wd-40 and lots of patience.

Problem is if your rig has faded at all then the pattern will never go away as the paint behind the decal is brand new looking and the rest is faded a little. I removed a bunch when the camper was only a year old and I can still see where they were when the sun hits it just right. I have tried buffing and polishing but the outline still shows. If yours have faded then I bet the paint has faded just a little too.

Kinda what I thought, but Thanks Crumm.

For the reasons you mentioned.. guess I'll just let the Cali Sun work on'm 'til they Fade & Flake off.

I LED'd the 5r (2K too), sure do like the Brightness.. As compared :cool:;tu

Joe

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
guess I'll just let the Cali Sun work on'm 'til they Fade & Flake off.
Joe

There has got to be some way to buff it out so the outline disappears but I have not fount it. I my decals were flaking off I would figure something out. How about new decals just a smidgin larger than the old ones?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There has got to be some way to buff it out so the outline disappears but I have not fount it. I my decals were flaking off I would figure something out. How about new decals just a smidgin larger than the old ones?

On the Montana's it's a "Swirly" graphics thing that "Swirl" down down both sides.. with, MONTANA.. (with Mountains), on the the front & back. To Big & Complex, to deal with, as far as a compromise goes. They're fading & flaking from the edges.. so the whole works is just sloooowly getting smaller.. for now..:lmao

Got hold of Keystone (the maker).... Basically Got the: "Once yer check cleared.. We don't know you" deal. But they did give me a POC for the outfit that makes the graphics for them.... PIA... they ONLY make a run of the specific graphics.... BY MODEL & YEAR.. when there is enough of a demand. Unknown.. when that might be... but I got on their list.

Obsolescence & Failure.. By Design & Forethought.. I'm think'n.:rant

It's their product I'm drag'n 'round... But MY Stuff ain't Sposta look like that :rant

TOTALLY off Topic. I'm dun RANT'n (fer now) :lmao:lmao:lmao

Joe

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58