New Member from CT

25thmustang

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Bigger tires will bring your RPM down but the extra rolling mass will eat more fuel. I have never seen a case where gearing up with bigger tires did anything but burn more fuel. Little bitty tires and tall gears are the only way to increase MPG with gear ratio.

This is true, but I will see what happens with it. Mine now are slightly taller than stock, but I have yet to get a good tank to use. Too much ideling around lately.

Thanks for the welcome.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
dont bother trying to measure the MPG in this COLD we have right now.......my thermostat hasnt opened in weeks!

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
oh also, since you are a GASSER..... get a vac. guage and when you are driving try to keep the vac. above 10". i heard if you can keep it above 10 your mileage goes through the roof. you may get beeped at when the light turns green though :D

25thmustang

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
dont bother trying to measure the MPG in this COLD we have right now.......my thermostat hasnt opened in weeks!

I've come to the conclusion the mileage is all over the place because of this weather. Warming it up in the A.M. the different fuel they apparently use in this weather.

Thanks for the input.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
ya winter gas (august to april i think...) is oxygenated, so basically you are running a mini shot of nitrous, wich requires more fuel to keep the mixture at stoich. my wifes mustang suffered a big mileage hit when they switched from mtbe to the 10% ethanol.

you NEED a diesel!

25thmustang

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ya winter gas (august to april i think...) is oxygenated, so basically you are running a mini shot of nitrous, wich requires more fuel to keep the mixture at stoich. my wifes mustang suffered a big mileage hit when they switched from mtbe to the 10% ethanol.

you NEED a diesel!

Yeah a diesel would be nice for the mileage. My dad just got a 2500 cummins, and sees 14 or so. The next truck will be diesel, but at that point I will most likely have another DD.

Not sure if I posted this, but here goes... Had just got the tires, will be getting lift blocks out back, and might paint the lower blue section silver to match! Any opinions?

F250NewTires001.jpg

25thmustang

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i like that 2 tone as it is, i dont think i have ever seen that combo.

Yeah? My Mustang is two toned, wth black on top, and gold on the bottom, and I have always loved that look. This two tone is nice, but painting the silver at the bottom as well to me makes it feel more "custom". Time, and price will decide if I do that though!

Thanks for the input.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58