Full Access Member
Reaction score
the car can fit in the bed...LOL
2000-ford-f-250-smart-f-250.jpg

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Awesome pics Friis.

What was the process for getting your F250 into Denmark? Transportation, customs, payment, etc?

Was it alot of red tape to go thru?

Friis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks.
You can bet that it's difficult to get the vehicle to Denmark. I bought my Truck from a previous danish owner, though. But the process of getting trucks like mine to Denmark involves transportation (approx. 5.000 $), Toll & taxes (approx 25% of the value of the truck) and finally registration (30 % of the added value of truck, tax and toll). So as you can imagine there won't be a whole lot of buyers when a brand new 50.000 $ 08 model will be sold in Denmark @ 100.000... Add to that a new regulation that brings the yearly state-controlled tax on the vehicle up from 2.500 $ to 5.000 $, due to the bad mileage and more emissions, compared to smaller vehicles! Thats tough!

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Thanks.
You can bet that it's difficult to get the vehicle to Denmark. I bought my Truck from a previous danish owner, though. But the process of getting trucks like mine to Denmark involves transportation (approx. 5.000 $), Toll & taxes (approx 25% of the value of the truck) and finally registration (30 % of the added value of truck, tax and toll). So as you can imagine there won't be a whole lot of buyers when a brand new 50.000 $ 08 model will be sold in Denmark @ 100.000... Add to that a new regulation that brings the yearly state-controlled tax on the vehicle up from 2.500 $ to 5.000 $, due to the bad mileage and more emissions, compared to smaller vehicles! Thats tough!

WOW, thanks for the info Friis, very interesting.

Glad you were able to make your owning a Super Duty a reality.

I hope the Danish government puts all those fees and taxes to good use ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58