New member from Europe!

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Hi!

I bought my 2000 F-250 7.3L Lariat in January 2008. There is maybe a total of 50 F-250s in Denmark (we have a population of approx. 6 million), so its kinda rare. This is because of the pricing. In general cars are very expensive over here, as the state adds between 50-100 % og the original cost. (on the other hand we got free hospitals and a lot of other stuff, so i guess its all right). A brand new F-250 Lariat would cost about $ 110.000....!
Anyway, I bought the truck because I fell in love with the F-series about 10 years ago, when I was in the United States, and now the dream came true!
I also have a ´95 Toyota Hi-lux for daily driving (European pick-up version of your 4runner) and a ´86 Nissan Patrol for serious wheeling. -See pics of the Nissan here Friis-of-Denmark’s 1986 Nissan Patrol - Pictures, Ratings, Specs, & Modifications – Four Wheeler

The Toyota runs on pure vegetable oil, and I'm planning to make a conversion of the F-250 as well. Fuel is extremely expensive over here, so it is so funny to hear you guys whining (no offence) about your prices, when diesel is pushing $ 7,50/gal at my local station! Hence, Denmark is no "big-truck-nation". Those interested in 4x4 is mostly running 4 cylinder Suzukis or Nissans. Weak!

My SD is completely stock, but as soon as I can afford it, there will be 38" tires, 8" lift and air lockers on.

As I said, the F-250 is very rare here, so I´m really going to depend on you guys for support and answers.

BTW I'm a 28 year old first lieutenant in the Danish Armed Forces, and have been on 3 missions in Iraq.

Looking forward to some serious Superduty talk. Thanks.

Welcome to SuperDuty.com and again, thank you for your service to your country, and in Iraq.
You, SIR, have my utmost respect.

Last edited:

Keith Axel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi Friis, glad to have you in SSD.
I´m a german truckdriver working for the Danish Carrier A. Andresen in Padborg. So sometimes we had loadspots in your nice town Herning at Danish Crown.
also the world is even small. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58