New Member needs help

maejimo

maejimo
Reaction score
HI I am from Canada, British Columbia, just above Washington state. I have a 2007 F350 Crew cab Long box 4x4 6 speed Manual Trans.

I have a problem, in that the truck has no power off the line. After a the first 120 feet the truck picks up very well. But before that it is dead no power. Ford says it is normal, I can't think that it is normal. I put on a AFE cold air intake kit but it is no better. If anyone can help me to tell the Ford Company what should be done, please let me know. I hope someone has an idea. or has had the same problem and can put some light on the problem: :dizzy confused:

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Poor fuel delivery due to plugged fuel filters maybe? Need more info on the truck, miles, history, last filter change... etc.

Millman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
If the diesel engine isn't warm it will run sluggish at first. Is it always slow off the line? If you step on the gas the turbo should kick in. You should be able to run a quick 0-60

maejimo

maejimo
Reaction score
Thanks for some very quick response to my question. The truck is 2007 with 6000 miles on it has been dead off the line hot or cold from brand new. I have a (5) five year warranty and can't change much. I have just bought an exhaust system for the truck. I was told I needed a cat back system as the turbo needs a little back pressure and the turbo is a variable vain unit and needs the stock cat? When I ordered my 4 inch system from MBRP I was told about the need for a 2007 6.0 needed the Stock cat in place. I have not put on the exhaust system on yet, just got it a few days ago. I have AFE cold air intake installed. My friend with the same truck but it is an automatic and he leaves me sitting at the start line but after the 120 foot mark I start to stay with him but I am still a litter slower then him after the 120 foot mark.
It is a long box crew cab. Stock 20 wheels and tires. I don't know what info you would need to try to help me. But what ever it is I will get the needed info. It has had more fuel and oil filters replaced then needed as I have allows changed these items when I have got a new car or truck,to remove any metal or other items from the systems I have had no falt codes show up yet :hail

Last edited:

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds to me like 1) youre not use to a diesel and 2) turbo charged engines !

your friend knows how to spool up his engine, thats why hes beating you
off the line.

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
hey man i hate to tell you this but it is never gonna change. like bush said on a diesel you're always gona hve the turbo lag and on an auto you can build boost a little easier (brake stand) to take off but i have all the mods in my sig and have 76k on it and still the same until 1800rpm you might as well get out and push it. i would love an auto because of this but i love shiftin gears and the way it sounds when you do. so you either have to live with it or get and auto

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Bush , whats the proper way to spool up?

Foot on brake, apply power..same as power braking a car. Then release brake with foot on go pedal. The 6 speed manual is known to be a little doggy off the line.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58