DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I am jumping ship and coming over here. I am getting tired of all of the bickering and back stabbing at TDS. I hope to be here a while. I am one of the lucky ones in that I have had no problems with my 6.0. I hope it stays that way.

Dave :thumbs

Pile Buck

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi DaveBen, yeah it’s getting pretty bad over there. To much monitoring! In my opinion. I went by Chyrel on the TDS forum, you may or my not remember me. :)

Reaction score
DaveBen said:
I am jumping ship and coming over here. I am getting tired of all of the bickering and back stabbing at TDS. I hope to be here a while. I am one of the lucky ones in that I have had no problems with my 6.0. I hope it stays that way.

Dave :thumbs

:sweet

Ron

tgatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too jumped ship.

The last 3 threads I started were pointing out the inconsistancies of the moderators. One got locked, so I started a second one. In the second one the Mod locked the thread after he asked me a question. The third one I posted a response to the Moderator told them they could delete my account as I was no longer going to be using it. On Edit: All three threads were deleted as the moderators did not like the 1200+ views they got in 3 days

I also told them that while they were deleting my account they could delete the rest of the accounts that haven't been used in the last 3 years. I went through the user list and about 80% haven't posted anything in the last 2 to 5 years. I figure the actual number of contributing users is probably closer to 5,000 than it is 52,000 like they boast.

I determined that their policy is to allow the bashing of certain sponsors by certain users, but don't you dare say anything bad about TDS. The other thing I found annoying was that EGR disable/removal threads would get locked because it was against the law to alter emissions equipment. CAT removal threads seemed ok though!? Also, the fact that there are no boxes or programmers that are emissions leagal for the 6.0 was pointed out to them. They tried to skirt it saying that programming the PCM does not constitute altering the emissions. Too bad teamroper pointed out the fact that they were wrong.

I really hope that this and the other diesel sites grow in numbers.

Last edited:

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Well guys, we at SDD are glad to have you all on board here. No matter where you came from or why you left there, thats why you are here now. This site is still in its infancy but traffic is increasing daily and we have some really knowledgable folks here. Give us some time and we can make this site be one of the best places on the web for Ford diesel enthusiasts.:sweet

So let me give a big welcome to all of you.:thumbs

Pile Buck

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi tgatch, the EGR thing is what soured my stomach. I was in the big middle of that one. The part that frosted me was Super Duty John was the one asking me the most questions about the performance of my truck with a phony EGR installed, then all of a sudden he changes his attitude and starts warning us. After he caught some heat, I think teamroper was involved there also, the thread was deleted. I have to say I learned a lot about diesel trucks there, hell I learned a lot from DaveBen ;)

tgatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Well guys, we at SDD are glad to have you all on board here. No matter where you came from or why you left there, thats why you are here now. This site is still in its infancy but traffic is increasing daily and we have some really knowledgable folks here. Give us some time and we can make this site be one of the best places on the web for Ford diesel enthusiasts.:sweet

So let me give a big welcome to all of you.:thumbs

Glad to be here. I'm looking forward to this site growing. I'll see if I can drum up another sponsor for you. :)

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yip.... All Of The Above is a BIG part of why I'm here. When it got to the point where you had to ask for, or share information by PM.... Because you bought parts from someone other than, or you arent Brand Loyal to, or you arent procedure/concept alegent to what the "Big 5" have "Blessed" ..... >Attack, deletion or lock-out< was eminent(?).... Time to go.

When words like FOOL, IGNORANT, STUPID get used.... I'm OUT.

I learned a TON of knowledge there. I hope I was able to share some too.

I like the "Flavor" better here. We, >collectivly<, are a "Plethora" (big word, like: bunch ;) ) of knowledge. Lets Share that. I will.

JOE

Last edited:

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
tgatch said:
Glad to be here. I'm looking forward to this site growing. I'll see if I can drum up another sponsor for you. :)

Can I be greedy and ask for 3 or 4 sponors and 500 members?:roflmao

But in all seriousness, do what you can for the site and hopefully what you gain back from the site will weigh in your favor.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58