New Parts on the way!!

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
I have new Airdog II 165, 6.0 intercooler, ic boots for the 6.0 to 7.3, boots for the top of motor, Max AC Assist, Fumuto oil drain valve, and replacement coolant filter all on the way to my house!. I love getting new stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Smoky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Fumoto is the best item for such a small charge. I love mine. No wrenches, just slide a jug under and open the valve.

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of the fumuto, but it looks like it would be easy for something to snatch it off if you got on some rough terrain. Has that happened to anyone??:dunno

looks like someone had a good Christmas:sweet

early 99 stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had one on my truck and it has never been hit by anything...the only thing i dont like about it is when a cooling jet or something falls off inside the pan you will never know it cause it wont go though the drain valve..they are also not magnetized to catch any parts or any shavings that may be there... there left to float around and raise hell with everything.. i took mine off after reading a bunch of threads when some one had something fall out of the pan when changing the oil, last i new a little oil on your hands never hurt any one.. but a small part left in the pan can raise hell with your wallet...

Last edited:

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
I like the idea of the fumuto, but it looks like it would be easy for something to snatch it off if you got on some rough terrain. Has that happened to anyone??:dunno

looks like someone had a good Christmas:sweet

That's what I thought.......six years later with zero problems.

I have been through some pretty rough roads at the ranch with it also.

Tbar

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good Christmas indeed!!! Looks like a fun weekend ahead too.

....When I put my Fumoto on about 5 y ago I was dubious about it, but for road driving absolutely no issue and for off-road in fields and not over major brush or stick ups, no problems either. It is further up then most of your sway bars, front diff, etc so there's plenty of other stuff to mash. I dunno, to me it is a no-brainer convenience. Never ran into a frozen drift though :dunno

I replaced my turbo boots 2 years ago but not the intercooler boots and after blowing one of this week I guess I'll bite the bullet. There was still oil in there, even though I did the CCV mod 4 years ago! But how to justify that 6 intercooler purchase......:rolleyes: where'd you buy the intercooler?

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
I got the AirDog II Df-165 in! That finally fixed the fuel issue! I just hope all the trash is out of the fuel now! Ill have to check filter this week. I should have my NEW in the box 6.0 intercooler at my house by this weekend! Im going to order my 6.0 to 7.3 IC boots from Diesel site in just a couple of mins. I think I have a slight leak in the boots somewhere. When I am WOT I can here a noise as if a boot is letting air slip by. I still get 25 or more psi though! Im not sure if I can get that much boost with a leak. Anyways I will not have any leaks after ALL the boots are replaced this weekend.:D I hope that more fuel and new boots makes the old girl back to normal.

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I have a slight leak in the boots somewhere. When I am WOT I can here a noise as if a boot is letting air slip by.

Waste gate maybe :dunno

You can rig up something, air tight, on the intake and put an air quick connect on it....and IIRC you put 5psi into it and listen for air seeping. I seen a kit online before...but you could probably get everything at Ace.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg