New project car

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
minus the red interior, that is a car i have always wanted to build. white fox body notch back. i hate red interior though.

who's k member did you use?

looking good man, you are making good progress looks like.

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
minus the red interior, that is a car i have always wanted to build. white fox body notch back. i hate red interior though.

who's k member did you use?

looking good man, you are making good progress looks like.

The K member, control arms and coil overs are all made by Granatelli. The struts are adjustable and made by Strange Engineering.

I have always like the notch backs the best as well. I actually like the red interior, except mine is faded. It is in surprisingly good shape except the fading. I actually would have preferred a black one with gray or red interior but really liked this one when I saw it. It does need paint and when I move back to Mass this fall I will have it painted. I am staying white but probably adding some nice silver ghost flames.
The interior will be done over as well. Really only needs seats and the back window deck panel. The dash doesn't even have a single crack in it!

The stud girdle and freeze plugs came in today and I have the block loaded up in the SD to go to the machine shop tomorrow :):) back in about two weeks!

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The block went off to the machine shop today. They are pretty busy and said it will be 2-3 weeks to get it back::eek:
The good news is that I the guys that work at the shop were all crowded around ogling over the the parts and asking what car i was putting it in and going to do with it etc... so I am hoping they will get it done faster, they were excited to work on it. :sweet

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So kevin we will have to get together and see who can go the fastest...LOL :sweet And I'll come up there to damn hot to race down here.
Would be fun pony car racing a ranger pickup. I forgot can your car get into the 8 sec area?? I want to keep it fare. I dont want any :rant:rant going on....LOL :lmao Just play around. Car looks like it's coming around nicely are you going to change the rotor set up? I found that brake fade was bad on the 4 lug set up with big HP motors. I ended up putting rotor on rear with a inline brake valve control I could adjust on the floor help the stopping greatly.

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So kevin we will have to get together and see who can go the fastest...LOL :sweet And I'll come up there to damn hot to race down here.
Would be fun pony car racing a ranger pickup. I forgot can your car get into the 8 sec area?? I want to keep it fare. I dont want any :rant:rant going on....LOL :lmao Just play around. Car looks like it's coming around nicely are you going to change the rotor set up? I found that brake fade was bad on the 4 lug set up with big HP motors. I ended up putting rotor on rear with a inline brake valve control I could adjust on the floor help the stopping greatly.

I wouldn't be so quick to come up here and race, its been hot as hell here, in the hundreds today and tomorrow:dizzy. We did put AC in the shop yesterday so that at least gets the temp down a little and knocks out the humidity.
If your truck is running in the 8's you will have me by a bunch. I am looking at mid to low 10's. with being able to drive it on the street on pump gas. I am not running any bottle on this one. It had nitrous on it before with very little miles and the bearings (rod and main) did not look very good. I am thinking about 500-525 HP with the heads I have now and if I spring for the Dart CNC machined heads I will get up around 600 HP.
I have not updated the brakes yet but that is on the short list of things after I get it all back together.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14