New PSD Owner in Texas!

Silver96PwrStrk

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 1996 F250 Extended Cab 4x4 PSD 5spd 3:55's Silver in Color 294k mile. Has 4inch Skyjacker Suspension lift and 36" Maxis Buckshot mudders. Factory exhaust/intake/fuel system.

Hope to get some Good input on this site on some good clean mod's to make the truck more efficient in MPG and daily driving. The truck will never see drag strip duty.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. good to see ya. there are alot of great PSD owners on this site. i'm sure you will find whatcha need here. great looking truck by the way. :thumbs :sweet

Silver96PwrStrk

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks. It feels great to be back into a truck again. I'm done with performacne cars... I'm already combing around looking for deals on an intake/DP/ and programmer.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Does the other side look that good to. looks like you have a nice older truck
welcome aboard

lots of things you can do to get a bit more out of her
exhaust, egt gauge

just to start

XTrmXJ

NACHHOOOOOOO!!!!
Reaction score
the biggest thing to get better performance and fuel efficiacy is to swap out the gears in the diffs, 3.55 and 36 suck major ass on everything, 4.10s-4.56 would be the way to go

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome Silver96PwrStrk, Glad you found us. Lots of work can be done on your truck. Just don't get in any hurry to do it all at once.
I would go with gauges first. After you learn what is going on under the hood then get a bigger ex. You didn't post where you are from, but I bet we have someone close to where you live. That is a fine looking truck to have that many miles on it. Enjoy it to the fullest.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man id love to have those 3.55s...

and oh yeah...WELCOME ! NICE TRUCK i always
did like that body style (had a 96 xtra cab/2wd/shortbed gasser...)

Silver96PwrStrk

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm stationed at Fort Hood. Yes both sides of the truck look equally well. No-dents of damage. Just some brush stratches from many hunting trips. Truck us to pull a Camper to the owners hunting camp.

4:10's would be better huh. the fuel miliage does seem to increase with the higher RPM's on the interstate. 70mph+ it does well. around town; well you guys know. hahaha

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58