New substance on ground this morning?????

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This morning I noticed 2 small puddles under my truck after I let it warm up. The location of them was at the rear of the motor. There was absolutely no color to it or smell of any kind(not like fuel, radiator fluid, trans fluid), almost like straight water, however, it did not freeze either. It has been about 25-30 overnights. Anybody have a clue what it could be? :dunno

Barrett

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes....
have a video of my old 03 Ex doing the same thing if you'd like to see it :)

after sitting overnite in 20 degree or cooler weather I think it is antifreeze leaking past the EGR cooler seals....

only happened twice here in North Texas and once warmed it doesn't do it...

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Barrett,

Taste it. I know, sounds stupid but thats the easiest way to differentiate petroleum from anti-freeze or H2O. Ummm, dont drink copious quantities, just dab some on your finger and touch your tounge and hope the cat didnt urinate on the driveway while the truck was warming up.

Dieselfever

Cummins Monkey
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Barrett,

Taste it. I know, sounds stupid but thats the easiest way to differentiate petroleum from anti-freeze or H2O. Ummm, dont drink copious quantities, just dab some on your finger and touch your tounge and hope the cat didnt urinate on the driveway while the truck was warming up.
Thats the second time I have heard someone tell me to taste an automotive fluid when I don't know what it is:confused: The other person being my teacher(UNOH)

-Michael

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No thanks on the taste it part....

as it was I wasn't sure it was not acidic, so touching it was a stretch for me !!!!

I'll leave the tasting to the Svc Techs :)

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
JohnBoyToo said:
No thanks on the taste it part....

as it was I wasn't sure it was not acidic, so touching it was a stretch for me !!!!

I'll leave the tasting to the Svc Techs :)

Unless your batteries split open I hope you dont have anything acidic leaking out of your engine.

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been raining/snow/sleet/ice can't get a "sample" again yet. I'll try the taste test when we dry out. -popcorn

Barrett

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
chicken :D :D its only " fluid" :D :D
do you get cats sleeping on your warm engine? I do . score is two and 0, thats two cats tails and 0 whole bodies, what a racket they make :D :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14