new to 7.3L with 6spd

06red250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 99 f250 7.3L 6spd with 59k on the miles. ( I ran a carfax and other things I could use to ensure the miles were good) I drove it back to Texas from San diego ca. At one point i was getting 14 mpgs. But i did only avg 12 most of the time. I'm really happy to own this truck I always wanted this type of truck. The only thing I wish that it was 4x4.

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
Yes welcome, Good to have another gear jammer in the mix! The mileage seems awesome on that truck, should last a loooooong time.

06red250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
man this truck is awesome. I would like to read a lil more on the tranny in this truck and what type of programmers people are using with this set up

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Congrats! Wow not even close to broken in yet haha. I would check that EBPV pipe and sensor to see if its plugged. Mine was gettin bad mileage till I found that pipe plugged and it made a big diff with a new one. Im gettin between 14 and 18mpg right now. Lots of lil mods to do to that truck. Im in the process of doin a few right now when I get time. Get sum pics up!

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
Being a 2wd you will have certain challenges when "modifying" Once you put some power to the gear box, you will find the stock clutch was never meant to handle real power.... then you'll upgrade the clutch and find you have a real hard time backing up, as the new clutch "GRABS" all to well, and since you don't have a 4X4 that means no low range to help crawl the truck and trailer... if you have one.... up and into the drive way.... BTW Welcome Fellow Handshaker...

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes welcome, Good to have another gear jammer in the mix! The mileage seems awesome on that truck, should last a loooooong time.

X2 06red.. Welcome to SDD ;tu.. and you found a Rare Breed.. and a Real Keeper. Yer guna Luv that 6 speed.

Joe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58