New to Powerstroke, need help

RenoF250

DungBeetle
Reaction score
Also, what it the valet mean setting on these BD's???

That is usually a turned down/stock setting so the valet does not hot rod it around.

I am not into synthetics, I think you are better off using dino and changing it regularly. Synthetic only pays off if you run a bypass filter and extended intervals and then it is about a break even. I like to drain any junk that might get in there out.

The K&N replacement is probably okay although many claim the K&N material does not filter well and lets dirt through. I have not experienced that in my vehicles. The replacement filter leaks because the stock housing is junk.

Lots of places to get gauges, check some of the sponsers of the site. I have Isspros in an overhead. I like the overhead mount location but the actual mount is a piece of junk that gets soft in the sun and deforms.

Race22

Jim
Reaction score
Lose the K&N. I ran one for a little while but could not get it to seal properly. I run the home made tymar filter. I think you would like running Tony Wildman's 4 pos chip instead of the Bullydog. You need to at least get a EGT and Boost gauge. I run ISOPRO

ProXJC

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have the open air intake K & N, this is not the filter to get you say. I would rather leave it on, it was the way my dad left it. But if it leaks!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14