new to the 6.0 and need some help on tuners.

parttime

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
alright guys i just picked up a 03 6.0 with 118000 miles on it.i ran a carfax and it came back clean and had all the services on it from day 1 even had the tranny rebuild on it which was done at 112000.i got all the service records with it and i had my buddy run a oasis at the dealer and it had no warranty repairs done on it so i think i might have got a good 1.i have had several 7.3's and always ran the DP tuners on them and was wondering whats the best for the 6.0's.is Jody's tunes good for the 6.0 or is something else better and also customer service is another thing that i liked about the DP tuners.ordered a exhaust for it today and now i need a intake for it.i always ran the Tymar's on my OBS truck and need to know what to go with on this truck.i have a 32' GN flatbed that i pull my skid loader with and also a 38' GN horse trailer i will be pulling and i will need some towing tunes as well.

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
you dont really need an intake untill you get in the 500hp range...i dont know if jody does 6.0's im sure he does i just haven theard much but imsure hes good i know a lot of people on here get theres from innovative or elite diesel...oh the best tuner is the sct programmer for these trucks....i got mine from dfuser just because he is semi close if i had an issue and i could meet him in person but i am happy with the ones that i got and service is great. i have 4 custom tunes economy,aggressive tow,dfuser power (not sure about hp), and what he calls his wicked tune again not sure on hp but it def hauls a@@

metzer.hr

METZ44
Reaction score
I run an Edge Evolution tuner on my 6.0 It has 4 settings from basic tranny shift points to all out 100 hp gains. The edge is a stand-a-lone unit. It comes with a pod for your dash. You can choose any of 40 pids to read. I have mine set to show me boost,engine oil temp,engine coolant temp and exhaust temp. The edge also has doign.code reading ability. The edge plugs in to your OBDII port and gives you access to all readings on the ECM. I run a K&N cold air filter,4 inch turbo back exhuast and the edge is the perfect addittion.It is not cheapat 538$ but I did not have to but any extra pillar pod guages this unit does it all I just use mine in the towing setting all the time for work.

roger2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running the Bully Dog Power Pup, simular to the edge, four power settings, stock- tow-performance-and extreme. Four place display with over fourty settings. Nice small out of the way screen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14