new truck

JRJ04

Reaction score
Honestly...i think there might indeed be a trend here.

With the cost of diesel some $0.30 above gas, the motor itself is an $8k option, the maintenance is higher cost...it just doesnt make sense for the average joe to own one that just uses it as a daily commuter and occassional light tow vehicle.

Back when a lot of us got our trucks, diesel was cheaper than gas, so it made sense. Now, its higher, and I dont see that changing. I would love a new SD, but it just doesnt make sense to spend the extra coin on one that I will hardly ever tow anything heavy with.

I guess I need to buy a 5er:watchout

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Honestly...i think there might indeed be a trend here.

With the cost of diesel some $0.30 above gas, the motor itself is an $8k option, the maintenance is higher cost...it just doesnt make sense for the average joe to own one that just uses it as a daily commuter and occassional light tow vehicle.

Back when a lot of us got our trucks, diesel was cheaper than gas, so it made sense. Now, its higher, and I dont see that changing. I would love a new SD, but it just doesnt make sense to spend the extra coin on one that I will hardly ever tow anything heavy with.

I guess I need to buy a 5er:watchout

I'm seriously considering the 6.2 gasser in an '011

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
With the down turn in the economy, I am surprised it has taken this long for people to abandon their high priced diesel trucks. Maybe this trend will continue. I think I have bought my last diesel truck, also. Maybe my last truck period.

Dave

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
With the down turn in the economy, I am surprised it has taken this long for people to abandon their high priced diesel trucks. Maybe this trend will continue. I think I have bought my last diesel truck, also. Maybe my last truck period.

Dave

I wouldn't be trading the '99 in..
I'd be upgrading Bri's '01 Chevy half-ton..
but yeah, your point is well seen.. if you're not towing a f'er or a 10,000lb work trailer on a daily basis, the need for a diesel is a small one..
fuel is more, oil changes are more, more technology means more expensive breakdowns...
if you're going to fix it yourself, you might as well learn the right way to do it and fix them for a living..
oh, wait..

Last edited:

JRJ04

Reaction score
Yea, if the front of the raptor weren't so darn ugly...id consider one. I sure do like the 6.2L V8, and the upfitter switches that are availiable with it. Put those in a lariat, and I'll be pretty darn happy

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[Yea, if the front of the raptor weren't so darn ugly...id consider one]. I sure do like the 6.2L V8, and the upfitter switches that are availiable with it. Put those in a lariat, and I'll be pretty darn happy

X2 JR ;tu I've allwayz liked the "Blue Oval" but No Way would I drive a BILLBOARD.. for FOMOCO, like on the front of the Raptor.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the F-150 Supercrew and think it's a very good looking truck and the ride is great. That Raptor is just plain Ugly, and I was told they ride like a log wagon. I am to old for ugly and a rough ride. LOL

Doug

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58