New Tune

08FordSD

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Unless they checked your computer and it already has the update, they can do it. The update comes with an insert for your manual and everything. Just tell them you are having problems with frequent regen and high idle. The TSB for fixing these issues is this new software. Now if there is another update coming out soon that would be great! The truck runs better now, but if they can improve mileage more I'm all for it!

mhale

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score

Just bought a 6.4L, I am very excited to get started doing some serious upgrades. I would really like to here about some tuner upgrades and some suggestions.

FordGuy100

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bought a 6.4L, I am very excited to get started doing some serious upgrades. I would really like to here about some tuner upgrades and some suggestions.

How far do you want to go?

Right know, I would hold off for a while. Spartan performance is coming out with a 210hp tune and dpf delete pipe, there test truck put down 490hp and 860ft lbs of torque with basically just a tune.

But rumor has it that they are coming out with a 250hp tune, and are testing it with injectors, and some turbo mods. I would wait until they have those out, that would be good for at least 600+hp and I would guess over 1000ft lbs of torque.

Get that thing broken in (5K+ miles would be minimum in my book before I would start doing mods, not techniacally broken in yet but still I wouldnt go less then that), and in the mean time some good mods will come out :sly

DutyCalls08

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Mhale,

Check out SCT's Livewire tune for the '08 6.4L diesels. Their race tune adds an impressive 120 HP and 200 ft. lbs of torque at the rear wheels. It includes a pyrometer which you'll need to safely add that kind of power. Also, you might want to look into a torque converter upgrade if you plan to regularly turn up the boost. I recently purchased an '08 F350 myself, and am in the same boat as you. Can't wait to modify it. I am going to wait and see what Banks comes up with before I spend my dough. In my humble opinion, Banks is the best when it comes to safe, smoke-free increases in power.

TZNU08

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
What will this do to warrenty considerations? You spend $50000 on a truck and break it what then? I would love to do some stuff but dont want to screw myself

DutyCalls08

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Most manufacturers are considering the installment of any power adding device as grounds for voiding the warranty. If it wasn't installed at the factory, or dealer, and covered under the vehicles warranty, then you are taking a risk. However, if problems arise, the programmer can easily be removed prior to taking the vehicle in for service. The programmer will leave a signature imprinted on the vehicles computer, but most dealers will not bother to dig deep enough to ever find evidence of it. Other mods, or power adders are not so easily disguised or removed, ie. larger turbos, nitrous/methanol injection, and cold air intakes.
( Note: If you install a cold air intake, hold on to the factory plumbing and filter, just in case you need to re-install it for service.)

powerwasher

08 SD 6.4L Diesel
Reaction score
Just got my truck back from the shop. It went into regen 3 times on saturday.(got to be something wrong with that) They reflashed the computer. Hopefully that will help with the regen problems. I have been also leaning towards upgrades with banks exhaust and intake. I asked the dealer about warranty issues with those upgrades. They said it will void the powertrain warranty. Got to do something diesel here is 4.60 a gallon. Any info you guys can throw my way would be helpful.

hillyrd

Hillyrd
Reaction score
Fuel Mileage??

Has anyone done an after market tune job on a 6.4?
If so what did it do to your mileage. With fuel at 4.15/gal it won't take long to recoup the invenstment if you could get better mileage.

Thanks guys...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58