New Tunes Are Coming----

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
:lmao I kinda knew it too TG :lmao

:D:D:D

I'm having a hard time picturing Robert doing a burn-out in a Class A pusher. :lmao:lmao

FWIW: Bill at PHP got my PCM & chip today. He says he'll get it done and out UPS tomorrow.

Last edited:

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
so funny that you say that...i can hit 900* effortlessly when getting onto the freeway...and im not even running it that hard either. I was wondering if my injector o-rings need to be replaced or my ipr could be messed up. Even cruising at 70mph unloaded i still run about 650-700*...doesnt that seem high?

no not at all... at 70 i usually run around 800.... and one push of the go pedal and im over 1200 in no time... just don't exceed (sp?) 1200 for an extened period of time and you'll be just fine:thumbs

JRJ04

Reaction score
no not at all... at 70 i usually run around 800.... and one push of the go pedal and im over 1200 in no time... just don't exceed (sp?) 1200 for an extened period of time and you'll be just fine:thumbs

800??? Are you running stock tires? You also have a 6.0, which correct me if im wrong, but i believe they run a little warmer than the 7.3's do. Just seems like mine climbs up quicker than I recall. :dunno

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
I am also interested in the results. I'm 5 hours away from Bill and have been thinking about getting an Adreneline HPOP and re-tuning before I leave GA. Are you still running Stage I singles?

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Are you still running Stage I singles?

Yes. I think they are pretty much stock AC injectors from Dynamite Diesel. They say they hone the nozzles for an improved spray pattern. I got them from Bean's.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Update

I got everything back last Thursday. This past Sunday, I decided to take a trip down to visit the daughter and grandson for a few days and do some minor repairs for my girl around the house that her scuzz-ball former boyfriend never got done.

Previous to installing the Adrenaline HPOP and Bill's tunes, I would be getting about 17 MPG on the highway at the best. On the trip down here, I drove most of the way down with the chip in Bill's Fuel Sipper tune. I did a manually calculated MPG determination along the way. Now with the PHP Fuel Sipper and Adrenaline HPOP I was getting an honest 18.5 MPG averaging between 62 and 72 mph.

I have never seen that kind of economy with the truck. So I think I have to say I'm impressed.

I haven't played too much yet with the other settings. The tunes I got were:
Whisper mode
Fuel Sipper
65hp Towing
100 Performance
120 Racing
Modified Stock tune.

The 120 racing s*its & gets REAL GOOD!!! and smokes a good deal
The 100 performance is a really fun tune and doesn't smoke too bad at all.
The 65hp, haven't towed yet with it.
The Fuel Sipper is pretty potent as well.
The Whisper tune does what it is supposed to, reduce noise for the bank and fast food drive- thru. I had some problems with rough running and lots of smoke initially, but realized that was with a cold motor. It seems to run fine with the motor warmed up.

All tunes idle much quieter than the tunes before. The excess smoke from before is now down to a resonable level.

The only glitch is in the fuel sipper mode, the torque convertor is cycling at about 25mph. Accelerate a bit and it stops. Engage my manual TC lock and it stops too. I'll talk to Bill about that.

Overall, I gotta say :thumbs:thumbs

Last edited:

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
800??? Are you running stock tires? You also have a 6.0, which correct me if im wrong, but i believe they run a little warmer than the 7.3's do. Just seems like mine climbs up quicker than I recall. :dunno

im running mickey thompson 35s and on my extreme street SCT tune with my oem downpipe (haven't been able to get and install a 4'' downpipe)....

and i have no clue if the 6.0s run warmer or not.. i just know that at 70-75 i see close to 800* egts...

RoGrrr

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
strokepower
You say an extended period of time, which I've seen tossed around other places, too. What do you mean by extended ?

Is that a minute? or is it an hour ?

I'm relatively new at this diesel stuff and don't want to burn my engine up so I'd like some info on it.

BTW, I'm running a 96 F250 on RMO with an EDGE Programmer and EGT and a boost Gauges.

RoGrrr

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
strokepower
You say an extended period of time, which I've seen tossed around other places, too. What do you mean by extended ?

Is that a minute? or is it an hour ?

I'm relatively new at this diesel stuff and don't want to burn my engine up so I'd like some info on it.

BTW, I'm running a 96 F250 on RMO with an EDGE Programmer and EGT and a boost Gauges.

RoGrrr

well its good that you ask (I love those old 95-97s we have one at home).... I usually put my foot in it from a stop (against some chevy or ricer) and when I see my egts get about 1250-1300* I let off within the next 3-4 seconds.... so I would say extended in this sense would mean a few seconds just to be on the safe side... they can climb pretty quick and anything over 1250-1300* for more than a few seconds isn't good...

I let out a few seconds after I hit 1300 and have never had a problem with anything using that method... 40,000 miles with extreme tune, oem heads, studs, and downpipe... definitely not a minute... I think if you got those numbers for a couple minutes you would see for yourself cause something would be melted or broke...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58