New Tunes Are Coming----

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
I got everything back last Thursday. This past Sunday, I decided to take a trip down to visit the daughter and grandson for a few days and do some minor repairs for my girl around the house that her scuzz-ball former boyfriend never got done.

Previous to installing the Adrenaline HPOP and Bill's tunes, I would be getting about 17 MPG on the highway at the best. On the trip down here, I drove most of the way down with the chip in Bill's Fuel Sipper tune. I did a manually calculated MPG determination along the way. Now with the PHP Fuel Sipper and Adrenaline HPOP I was getting an honest 18.5 MPG averaging between 62 and 72 mph.

I have never seen that kind of economy with the truck. So I think I have to say I'm impressed.

I haven't played too much yet with the other settings. The tunes I got were:
Whisper mode
Fuel Sipper
65hp Towing
100 Performance
120 Racing
Modified Stock tune.

The 120 racing s*its & gets REAL GOOD!!! and smokes a good deal
The 100 performance is a really fun tune and doesn't smoke too bad at all.
The 65hp, haven't towed yet with it.
The Fuel Sipper is pretty potent as well.
The Whisper tune does what it is supposed to, reduce noise for the bank and fast food drive- thru. I had some problems with rough running and lots of smoke initially, but realized that was with a cold motor. It seems to run fine with the motor warmed up.

All tunes idle much quieter than the tunes before. The excess smoke from before is now down to a resonable level.

The only glitch is in the fuel sipper mode, the torque convertor is cycling at about 25mph. Accelerate a bit and it stops. Engage my manual TC lock and it stops too. I'll talk to Bill about that.

Overall, I gotta say :thumbs:thumbs

I just had an adrinaline HPOP, stage 1 injectors, and Suncoast Parts rebuild on transmission. My best milage on highway according to lie-o-meter was 19.5 after the above upgrades the same trip says 27mpgs!!!! :DCity from 16 to 19-20 mpgs!!! I have not filled it to the rim and done the gallons divided by miles yet. Ill keep you guys posted! ;tu

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
I just had an adrinaline HPOP, stage 1 injectors, and Suncoast Parts rebuild on transmission. My best milage on highway according to lie-o-meter was 19.5 after the above upgrades the same trip says 27mpgs!!!! :DCity from 16 to 19-20 mpgs!!! I have not filled it to the rim and done the gallons divided by miles yet. Ill keep you guys posted! ;tu

wow.. that is impressive....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58