New Turbo Is In, More Questions

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bama, I agree with Dragon Slayer something don't sound right. Sounds like the tech is second guessing himself already. I would get a different opinion than just from tech that did the repair.

Deviant Diesel

Sooting 1 jerk @ a time!
Reaction score
My '07 has some lag like that. When it gets to about 8-10psi and about 1800-2000 rpms it just RIPS and will hit 30psi in like 1/2 a second. But if I stand on it til about 10psi, let off the brake and put it to the floor I just sit there. . .in a cloud of white smoke! So I'll take a little lag for the kind of power this truck makes over my modded 7.3L.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
stephen
my 06 has lag bad if you drop the hammer
but if you steadily and smoothly put her down it goes like a rattlesnake BAAAAAM and your going

but if you firewall it at idle , its 1, 2 3 HOLD on

does it do it in stock setting as well as all five banks settings????

zr1pete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the turbo replaced on my truck and I didn't have to break in anything. I just drove it like I always did, and as far as lag goes, I had less lag with the new turbo than with the old one.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
stephen
my 06 has lag bad if you drop the hammer
but if you steadily and smoothly put her down it goes like a rattlesnake BAAAAAM and your going

but if you firewall it at idle , its 1, 2 3 HOLD on

does it do it in stock setting as well as all five banks settings????

robert, that is exactly how mine is doin. the service told me today that he thinks the PCM is not reading the EBP sensor, said to bring it in on monday, and he would see if any codes are comin up, and that he would reflash the PCM.

the EGR cooler crap that i just went thru could also be part of the problem, but all that it did with the original turbo was make me loose about 4 lbs. of boost.

it still has a little squeel in it, drives me crazy to hear it.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Squeal could be a boost leak. Have you checked all your hoses and clamps? Are they oily? If that are I bet you have a boost leak.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl