Newbee from Dallas

Smoky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Rockstarmarine, I have a 2004 6.0 myself. It just turned 100,000 on the clock the past week. My kitty is gone and I have a 4" exhaust. The stock air intake has been changed out with an Airaid system. Other than that it's pretty much all stock. It is using a little coolant so I have to keep a watch on it so that it doesn't get low. I have replaced the degas bottle as it had hairline cracks that would only leak when the coolant warmed up. I just replaced the Ranchos this past August and put on new sway bar end links when I first got it in October '09. The 6.0 is a good machine but it did have it's problems. A lot of the problems came from too many mods trying to up the HP. The easiest and one of the best mods is to put on a Fumoto Valve to drain the oil. Maintenance is the key and remember its not a grocery getter.

:SDD It's the place to learn all there is to know from the people who have been there and bought the shirt.

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
I bought my gauges for my 99 and they were autometer ultra lites for like $315 I think. Dont know if the 6.0's have a diff set up or not. I would get trans temp, boost, and EGT.

Rockstarmarine

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
What does it all mean?

:dizzy I'm getting my butt kicked with acronyms on here. Is there a thread for that? I dont know what an ABC, EFG or an ELEMENO P is. I don't know what any of the stuff I keep reading about is. :dunno

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
It is pretty simple once you get the hang of it. CPS = Crank Position Sensor, IPR = Injection Pressure Regulator, HPOP = High Pressure Oil Pump, FICM = Fuel Injection Control Module and there are many others. Just ask if you don't know what something is. REALLY! We will be happy to inform you. Sorry but we have no page of Acronyms.

Dave :)

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
No stupid questions here. I was a noob not too long ago and I got the hang of all the abbreviations. EGT is another common one. Exhaust Gas Temp. Very important gauge to have. :sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58