Help Needed No brakes!!!

cstewart

Cameron
Reaction score
SO we were playin in the mud and when we were leavin as i was pullin onto the road i noticed i had no power steering. . when i went to slow down to make the turn, no brakes!!! any help at all would be appreciated . .i looked and there doesnt appear to be any lines disconnected or major leaks :dunno

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Your power steering belt is broken or off the pulleys. The brakes work off of the power steering pump for pressure to boost the braking effect. You will have to replace the belt. Or maybe you toasted the power steering pump.

Dave

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
or slopped so much crap on it it is slipping...

open the hood tell us what you see...

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Do you have an OBS??

Superduties have a serp belt, the one belt runs everything, water pump, alt, a/c and power steering.

If you have a Superduty, I'd check the power steering fluid. If it's low/gone add more AUTO TRANNY FLUID!!! These things don't use power steering fluid, but auto trans fluid. At least then you can see were it's coming out from.

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
cstewart fill out your signature so we all will know what you drive. There is a lot of confusion as to what you drive. Go to the USER CP in the second BLUE line from the top, and fill out your signature.

Dave

cstewart

Cameron
Reaction score
sorry guys im not so technology savvy so stuff like that gets complicated lol. . well its is a 2000 f350 with the 7.3. i took off the power steering pump and there is alot of play in it like the pulley moves alot. . b4 i took it off though as long as i kept the rpms up it would work fine so im replacing it

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
haha!!!! your mudding story sounds like this.....................

me, in my wifes mustang. one LOOOOOOOONNNNG nasty burnout. it sustained 6000rpms for too long, and the pump said "F U i quit". the very next stop sign i found out i had a very hard pedal, and as i was stopped i realized i had no power assist in the steering either.

im guessing you were having a lot of "fun" in that mud pit?

change the pump, especially if it has play....like dave said it should turn only.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58