Help Needed No brakes!!!

cstewart

Cameron
Reaction score
:doh:yeah it was definatly and experience then i had to drive it like 20 mins down the highway back home cause i had no other way to get it there. downshifting to slow down and hopin for the best lol. lesson definatly learned

cstewart

Cameron
Reaction score
:dunnook so i got the pump replaced and bled the system. . drove it for less than a mile. no power steering no brakes. bled the system again and took alot of air out but still the same thing.any ideas of what it could be now?

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
is the fluid still frothy?
does the pump howl?
does this look infected?
did you stomp the brake pedal like 30 times to clear any air from the hydroboost unit?

cstewart

Cameron
Reaction score
the fluid looks good, i jacked it up and turned the wheel lock to lock for over an hour, i even held it at like 1500 rpm while turning the wheel which got alot of air out. the other day when rpm's were higher the power steering and brakes would sort of work now it seems like that doesnt have the same effect.im going outside now to try some more but if not i have no choice but to take it to the shop which i cant really afford but i have to be on the road thursday so its gotta be fixed asap

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
from here, I'd say you need to swing by AZ or Advance and rent a pressure gauge, and see what that pump is putting out..

cstewart

Cameron
Reaction score
well after pumpin the brakes alot it did help a little. the brake used to be as hard as a rock but now it gives a little. . . while holding the brake it goes down so far but if u rev up the engine the brake pedal will go closer to the floor. (hope that'll help diagnose)and the power steering used to work only at 1700ish rpm and higher but now is workin around 1000 rpm

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
you don't have a vacuum bleeder or hand vacuum pump by any chance?

cstewart

Cameron
Reaction score
alright so it drew my last bit of patience and i figured at last i would just replace the pump again, hoping that i got a bad one and that would fix the problem. . yep that was it. im really glad i fixed it but pissed at the same time cause it was something so small like that, thanks for the support and help while trying to fix it, at least now i know how the whole setup works now lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58