Help Needed No brakes!!!

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
no but if u explain to me the procedures to use one i will go get one

I use my vacuum brake bleeder to purge air out of power steering systems all the time..

just use the round master cylinder cover attatched to the vacuum line, put it over the pump reservoir and let 'er rip..

glad you got it fixed..
did you check the output pressure or did you just swag it?

like Zookie said, failed parts out of the box are jeweled joyous.. :rant

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
sorry to thread jack, but when my water pump went I replaced it with a ford one from the dealer. If my steering pump ever went I would do the same. I am just totally scared of buying something just to have it fail again sooner than later. I hear this "failed out of the box" too much for me to think its worth the savings. Just look at this aggravation the poor guy went through.

Am I wrong for thinking this???

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
i went through 2 napa vacuum pumps within a 2 year period. then i put a ford one on and its been there for almost 100K miles.

i put a napa starter in, and a year later it left me stranded at the same fuel stop where it had died before. it was sunday, so another napa unit went in.....a year later, same fuel stop, it died AGAIN. i got another starter from napa, but this time i got a bosch unit for $100 more. working on 3 years now still starts.

for my wifes mustang, i just did a fuel pump. when shopping prices i found a bunch of mustang threads that were all about "only use the ford pump!" and there were many testimonials of people using aftermarket pumps and being stranded 10,000 miles later. i put a ford pump in.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
i put a napa starter in, and a year later it left me stranded at the same fuel stop where it had died before. it was sunday, so another napa unit went in.....a year later, same fuel stop, it died AGAIN.

I see where your problem is, you need to buy fuel someplace else. :tounge:nudge

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58