No more truck for me!!!!

95bamastroked

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, Just thought I would post some pics of my truck after a rear end collision I survived on Nov. 21, 2009. Old girl definitely saved me from so much as a scratch or bruise!! I was thoroughly impressed!

I won't know until Tues. or Wed. of this week whether or not the truck is considered totalled. I hope that they won't try and screw me on replacing my truck.

Daniel

95bamastroked

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
This all happened on a two lane highway with a posted speed limit of 55 mph. I had come to a complete stop behind a sheriff's car and a minivan that was in front of the sheriff. The minivan was waiting to turn left onto a side street off the highway. I had seen the 2 vehicles in front of me and had slowed down and had come to a complete stop for about 2-3 seconds, when BAM!! An 18 yr. old driving a '99 Honda Civic wasn't watching the road and plowed into me, then the rear of her car slid sideways into on-coming traffic, colliding into another minivan and totalling that one as well. The driver of the civic had to be air lifted to a major hospital with serious injuries. Her car had a roll cage installed in it by her dad and they said that the roll cage was what saved her life.

As you can see, I think she was going a little faster than 55, and I still can't believe that I didn't have a scratch on me. I wasn't even sore the next day!

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Average Trade in on your truck is about $5700.00 so if they total it and I am sure they will because of it's age. I would take everything I could get off of it.
Hope the other driver has good ins. Hope your back or upper body is not hurting from a hit like this one.
Good Luck
Doug

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
I would be taking that engine etc and putting in a nice mid-70s crewcab - and I just happen to know where one is. :)

Glad you are not hurt. Too bad she was hurt that badly but let's hope she'll learn a good lesson.

pjwoolw

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Those kind of hits can catch up to you. See your doctor or a Chiropractor. If your neck was snapped back you most certainly have whiplash. The responsible parties insurance will cover the expense and you should be due a settlement from them for you injury. Been there and done that. Just some friendly advice.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those kind of hits can catch up to you. See your doctor or a Chiropractor. If your neck was snapped back you most certainly have whiplash. The responsible parties insurance will cover the expense and you should be due a settlement from them for you injury. Been there and done that. Just some friendly advice.

Times #2;tu;tu
Doug

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58