No more truck for me!!!!

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
yeah definitely see a doctor.... So of the guys remember what my truck looked like after hitting an 18 wheeler. I was fine for a long while then found out I had torn cartliage in my wrist! I know have a 5'' plate and 6 screws in it. and the accident was over a year ago. So at least go get checked out! glad you are ok though

95bamastroked

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I appreciate all the support. I just talked to her insurance company and the adjuster told me that it was totalled. Then he told me that the assessed value for my truck was 5550.60! I have been looking for over a week now and there is no way I can replace my rig for that amount. But, I knew that this wasn't going to go smoothly as well!

I still have to find out if I will get my truck back or if I will have to "buy" it back. I am not holding my breath.

Thanks, Daniel

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I appreciate all the support. I just talked to her insurance company and the adjuster told me that it was totalled. Then he told me that the assessed value for my truck was 5550.60! I have been looking for over a week now and there is no way I can replace my rig for that amount. But, I knew that this wasn't going to go smoothly as well!

I still have to find out if I will get my truck back or if I will have to "buy" it back. I am not holding my breath.

Thanks, Daniel

You sure are lucky you weren't hurt.. but as others have said: Get checked out, before you sign >ANY< releases.

I'll betcha yul have to Buy yer truck back. With most insurance companies.. Once (if) you accept the (Low, Low Ball) check for the accessed (Low) value.. the insured vehicle belongs to them. Sometimes you can "Dicker" with them and buy it back for a reasonable amount.. but more than likley, they will just look at a Salvage "Schedule".... you pay that amount or walk away. They don't care.

Like the others have said.... You should try and get anything Aftermarket off of it !!!

:dunno

Last edited:

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
whose insurance is offering that amount, hers or yours? You have a claim against her for negligence and it is worth more than 5600$. She has caused you inconvenience and possibly injuries. If you take that without seeking legal advice, you are leaving money on the table. The insurance industry is for profit and will offer you the lowest amount possible. If you take it, they win. Like you said, you can not buy another truck for that and it is not your fault that it is gone.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whose insurance is offering that amount, hers or yours? You have a claim against her for negligence and it is worth more than 5600$. She has caused you inconvenience and possibly injuries. If you take that without seeking legal advice, you are leaving money on the table. The insurance industry is for profit and will offer you the lowest amount possible. If you take it, they win. Like you said, [you can not buy another truck for that and it is not your fault that it is gone.]

X2 fer shur.

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
yaya!!! im still fighting for the my 03 when it got hit... bottom line.. that was my truck and it is no longer mine.. his insurance will pay whatever it takes to compensate for my truck and even face value wasn't enough! not to mention i had to have surgery and im a junior college baseball player... he could've ruined my career!... you better get all you can out of them!

95bamastroked

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yeah guys, I have been checking out all the replies and I am going to be making a first thing in the morning run! Me and some tools will have a mission in the morning! As for the rest, no I have not signed anything nor will I until I have set an appointment with my attorney and discussed what he is going to do for ME!

I have been down this road back in '03 and it took 3 yrs to settle that accident and it wasn't our fault then either! Stupid insurance companies think that the average person will take a check when it is waived around in the air. They think that even the victim(s) involved will just see dollar signs and sign in a heart beat! NOT! I have some investigating to do about this one as well. They haven't heard the last of me! Bahahaha

Anyways, Thanks for the support guys! It helps, and its nice to know that there is a community of people that have had these kind and many other kinds of experiences to share here.

Updates will follow when they happen......

Thanks, Daniel

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58