No start and I hear clicking like flashers

NDsuperduty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clean up the Battery cable connections REAL GOOD. Have Each Battery load tested >Individually< (isolated from eachother). If one is bad ? Replace both.

The now & then No start, and clicking, smacks of Dirty cable connections :dunno

Joe

They both look clean on the connections to the battery, but tomorrow morning I will take all the cables off and clean just to make sure. I am also going to try and follow the wires to their connect spots elsewhere, but im sure that can be difficult.

when you say test them individually, you do mean unhook the cables at the auto store for each before being tested?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They both look clean on the connections to the battery, but tomorrow morning I will take all the cables off and clean just to make sure. I am also going to try and follow the wires to their connect spots elsewhere, but im sure that can be difficult.

when you say test them individually, you do mean unhook the cables at the auto store for each before being tested?

YES.. Disconnect each battery, one at a time and Load test it while it's not connected to Anything.

Battery connections can LOOK clean.. but once you disconnect them, you may find the inter surfaces are corroded with a grey/white crusty layer of corrosion. That layer of crud prevents a good clean 12v connection. These PSDs (the PCM) are ANAL about CLEAN voltage & amps to Start.. and to run properly too.

silverF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can almost bet you that your cables and terminals are clean. I would suspect it has to do with the cables not tightening down tight enough like mine. I fixed it by adding a washer behind the nut, that way the nut won't cut into the terminal.

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
so freakin true, dang thing did it to me today, truck is just being a pain this morning.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14