Question No Start Condition 05 F-250

starduster

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Where would one start?It does turn over and does fire but just wont stay running.Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated.Thank You.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
A great place to start is to tell us more about your truck. The year is very important, miles on the truck, and things like this.

Dave

starduster

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Agreed

I guess you would not know if I was working on my 2001 Craftsman lawnmower with a chevy 454 and a Hamilton Standard propeller on it or my 2005 F-250 crew cab with the 6.0 Powerstroke,Automatic Trans all stock at this point.I picked it up in houston,TX with 179,000 miles on it and it now has 181,000.The only thing I have done to it is replace the fuel and oil filters once at 175,000.It was running just fine the knight before and when I went to warm it up in the morning it was a little hard to start which is unusual,I then went to comb my teeth and brush my hair about 5 minutes and walked out to find it not running and tried 3 or 4 times to start it.It did fire a couple of cylinders but not enough to keep it going,one of the times I did step on the throtlle and white smoke came out of the exhaust.From the best of my knowledge that is what took place.The first thing I am going to do is replace the fuel filters then go from there it needs to be done anyway and could just be problem,I would appreciate any suggestions though,Thank You

starduster

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Fuel Filters changed and still no start condition

After changing fuel filters I still have a no start,After sitting for awhile when I try to start it she does fire a little but not all cylinders maybe only 3 or 4 and thats it.So I think it is fuel related.I know very little about diesels any suggestions on what to check next would be very appreciated.Thank You.

Wesley

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I would check that you have removed ALL of the fuel from the tank. Secondly, check that all of the NEW fuel goes into the same tank. Cycle the key, but do not start the engine, a few times. This will prime the fuel system. And the last thing is to try a normal start. Your batteries MUST be 100% charged. Use a GOOD charger and not a really cheap one from Wally World. Good luck and let us know how she goes.

Dave :)

bomberman760

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The only time I had something similar with my '05 PSD, was when the engine would not hot-start. Had to let it cool down for quite a while (hour or more) before it would start again. But when it did, it ran fine, so not exactly the same issue. My problem was a bad HPOP.

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dave,

Do they not offer the DVD for everything? I do not see a DVD for my truck, only paper, or online......

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58