NOISE!

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
ok; i hate to even find out...

all was fine til yesterday when at about 11 am i left to run some errands. back out of driveway, put into drive (radio was off, how i heard the noise)-what sounds like it is locked in 4hi(4wheel drive). a low moan/whine. really noticable upon braking to a stop. can hear it up to about 45-50 mph. got out and locked hubs, engaged and disengaged. esof engages all ranges and disengages. jacked up front tires and rotated to see if front shaft was spinning - nope. i am at a loss. :rant:eek::dunno

axle shaft(s) bad?:dunno

this sounds exactly like the wifes van. which is a kia sedona. only thing i can think of is an axle shaft problem...for hers anyway, then it dawned on me - truck making same noise..

let me have it:hail
come on bro.....

Lynden-Jeff

Landscaper
Reaction score
I had something similar sound issue, ended up low powersteering fluid. Was really bad when I stepped on the brakes. No idea if its not that.

Cheers

atk

Reaction score
ok; i hate to even find out...

all was fine til yesterday when at about 11 am i left to run some errands. back out of driveway, put into drive (radio was off, how i heard the noise)-what sounds like it is locked in 4hi(4wheel drive). a low moan/whine. really noticable upon braking to a stop. can hear it up to about 45-50 mph. got out and locked hubs, engaged and disengaged. esof engages all ranges and disengages. jacked up front tires and rotated to see if front shaft was spinning - nope. i am at a loss. :rant:eek::dunno

axle shaft(s) bad?:dunno

this sounds exactly like the wifes van. which is a kia sedona. only thing i can think of is an axle shaft problem...for hers anyway, then it dawned on me - truck making same noise..

can`t see the shafts being bad unless you had the hubs locked in or in 4wd when you herd the noise...can you pinpoint where the noise is coming from?
possible wheel bearing, ps pump, trans, alt, idler pully...need some more info...

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
kleetus and LJ get the gold star...:clap&:notworthy

wheel bearing to the tune of $550-600 - dealer wants to fix it ($305p/2hr L + studs) - should i fork over the cash for the other side too....gonna be hard pressed right now to pay out $1200 in my situation....:eek::rant

just cuz i have had a s___y last couple of days; anyone got pics & p/#'s from fomoco or aftermarket or links...????

thoughts: me doing it and struggling for perhaps 2 days (cuz that is how long it prolly would take me) OR paying-da-man....

:rant '03 is starting to wear on me.. he says they do lots of wheel bearings..of course it is no covered under warranty..built it to tiny/cheap along w/ the ball joints he says..."in 05 they re-worked the front and made it a lot more HD" in his words...

thanks - glad i could buy an inferior product you know will break and you don't offer a warranty on it...:bp

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58