NOISE!

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NOW THAT IS JUST PLAIN CRUEL!!!!:sly

ok then mr. parts store: it only needs to be here by Friday and it only has to take me 15 minutes to R/R cuz i just don't have the time....:rant

seriiously - i probably could call u in the future tho...thanks for the offer..if i do chance it and not fix it over the next 2 days - we should talk....:notworthy

don't get me wrong bush but i prolly would do this one myself if it wasn't sposed to snow 3-6" friday and w/ my new job dot physical friday a.m. i don't have time....oh, and i have a chiro. appointment that day too....

yes i said it..i took a job...:sweet

Not a problem on the parts. I can also look thing up by the vin# on your truck to. The biggest pain is the shipping. Congrats on the job to!!

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
OK...LETS CHANGE GEARS (LITERALLY)....it is NOT the front wheel bearing but rather the rear pinion bearing in the pumpkin....NOT GOOD NOT GOOD AT ALL. i am not happy. went to fomoco to see the ser. mgr. cuz if you remember awhile back they replaced the pinion seal....tried to see if it was warrantied but NOPE..GONNA PROLLY COST $1000 or so..he told me to call ford service to see if i could get 'assistance' - AWA-after warranty assistance..you can get it twice w/in 75000 miles on truck and up to $1500 per time..customer usually pays in some..needless to say i am 'waiting' on a call back from JIM in DETROIT cuz he wanted to 'investigate' my situation...i can't wait to hear this excuse...

i can't take this crap anymore...this fails not covered, that fails not covered, engine pukes not covered, mpg sucks it is the fuels fault, :blabla:dh

:bp

:Lala some of you may be doing this but i am at my wits end w/ this thing and the fuel cost is not helping!!

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry....sounds like they should have better inspected the cause of the leak.

same thing happened to me on my 96 f150...the warranty company would
only replace the "bad" parts...3 months later they were tearing the rear
apart again and PAYING to have it done RIGHT.

man if i were in your situation id be using this unfortunate opportunity to
install a 3.55 or a 3.08 (about 250 bucks for the ring and pinion)

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score

what is that gonna get me bush? i thought the 373 was the best for mpg...which is supposedly what i have...which we shall see when it IS ripped open..perhaps it is NOT the case - at least i will get that ?? answered..

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score

what is that gonna get me bush? i thought the 373 was the best for mpg...which is supposedly what i have...which we shall see when it IS ripped open..perhaps it is NOT the case - at least i will get that ?? answered..

itll get you lower rpms on the highway....our best mpg is around 1800rpm
and the mpg QUICKLY goes to hell in a hand basket above 2000 rpm.

the problem w/ goin' to a 3.08 is that you can pretty much kiss towing
good bye...you would how ever get 20mpg or better @ 80mph ;)

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Red;

If you are going to tow or haul anything, I would not go lower than 3.55s
3.73 is a all around good gear for towing and mpg.
another way to say it is:

3.73 is good for towing and ok for mpg.
3.55 is good for mpg and ok for towing
3.08 is good for mpg and sucks for towing.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Red, do you have a local 4x4 shop near you? If so let them look at it and price it out. Dealer multiply everything by 3 on everything they do. Parts, labor and so on.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
fwiw: i do not do rv/trailer towing on a daily or weekly basis. if any towing it would be in town local and perhaps my buddies trailer w/ cat. towing is few and far between now. ;tu

that being said, i thought the gear of choice was the 3.73? :dunno

dogman-as for the 4x shop...i'd have to 'shop' around. i also don't have time in next 3-4 days...heavy snows are expected...we are gonna get it tomorrow.. and perhaps a few days later too. just gonna play the 'hope it don't ruin anything more' in the next few days game... still waiting to hear from ford on my 'assistance':rolleyes: and it WAS at a well known 'spring' shop today, (they diagnosed it) but did not go into $$ as i was hoping it may be under some type of warranty from ford...:lmao they however did want to tear it down and assess it to give me a cost other than his $1000 'could be more or less' figure....and basically he's right, gotta take cover off and inspect to check damage....pull axles and shaft, ring/pinion, replace all bearings/seals/fluid...:doh:

calgon take me away:(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg