bad_bad_bubba said:
Sounds like a plan comming together. -popcorn
I wouldnt mind getting in on something. :D

I feel a Co-Op brewing.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
Fire1 said:
Yeah I had already thought of you on that angle also Budro. So do they use any oil in WISD??

No oil at all, the only fried foods like fry's, chicken fried steak, hashbrowns,... are all of the frozen precooked type. :sorry

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
Poor kids, no fried foods. What is this country coming to. :D

bonfire

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
whatabudro said:
I was also reading on the first link that family owned resturants and SCHOOL DISTRICTS were a good place. HMMM :cool: I think I could handle the inside connection on that. :sweet
Thing is we don't use oil or fry things because of health vilolations. :confused: All fried food is precooked and frozen. :dunno

Its not necessarily a health violation to fry a non ready to eat food. its just that if its pre-cooked, it greatly reduces the chance of food-born illness due to a chance of undercooking. I'm sure the good students of wylie get plenty of french fries and chicken nuggets just like every other school district.

From what I've seen, I think the hardest part will be getting oil that is not full of water. Can't tell you how many of those grease barrels there are behind restaurants that the lids aren't on completely just waiting for the rain to fill them up and overflow. I can also see that having a lift gate would be handy to get the full barrels of oil into the truck. Another option might be a hand pump so you could pump the oil into a barrel in your truck. I'm going to continue to look into this and if I can find space at my house may try a batch. My place is pretty full now so finding a place that momma approves of might be difficult.
Bill

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
I've been wondering about something for a while. Once you have the WVO refined or whatever, does your truck have to be set up with some kind of way to burn this stuff, filters, extra tanks, etc. or do you just dump it in your stock fuel system and go?

CHPMustang

Reaction score
ForumBlue said:
I've been wondering about something for a while. Once you have the WVO refined or whatever, does your truck have to be set up with some kind of way to burn this stuff, filters, extra tanks, etc. or do you just dump it in your stock fuel system and go?
Just came back from a quick 2 day visit in Norcal and didn't have internet access but YES with properly processed WVO you just fill up with no additional filters,lines,etc but for how much I'd be saving by not buying foriegn fuel I could change the fuel filter once a month and still be way ahead $$$ in pocket wise :sweet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14