North Texas Weather PSA..........

dante59

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tornato..

just great back in time for a tornado, I was wondering if WD40 has checked in, Benton AR. got hit pretty hard last night, We had heavy rain and wind some hail around Conway and Greenbrier, so i am lucky this time. more bad weather heading for Little Rock as i write.
my best to all , stay safe.
dante59... rich..

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Hey John,you must have some good weather shots you've taken over the years to share:sweet

Unfortunately that's the one thing I haven't been able to get. I love a good storm, something about them just makes me come alive, probably being able to witness the awesome power of Mother Nature, but getting good shots here in Atlanta is next to impossible due to the lack of open spaces to get the "big picture", but here are 2 that I like

original.jpg

Used on the Peachtree City NWS site for a while: Lightning Over Atlanta

original.jpg

St Simons Island Lighthouse, this is actually a composite, I replaced the crappy gray sky of the original lighthouse shot with a shot of the sky taken here in Atlanta one afternoon.

One of these days I'll make the opportunity to do some storm chasing :trip

Check out Warren Faidley's tornado images. Warren is considered by a lot of people to be the master of weather photography and filming
weatherstock tornado images

Last edited:

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Benton, Arkansas
We are fine, the pictures you are seeing on TV are about a mile or so from where we live. It was a very long night with four storms coming right at us. We had a little bit of small hail, but I think the SuperDuty and the RV are fine.
Now if we can just get the rain to go away.
Rich glad to hear that you are OK up there.

Last edited:

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when i was in bentonVILLE last week they had the sirens goin' off like made...all for a freekin' t-storm.
ive lived in texas off and on more than 18yrs and IVE NEVER heard an storm siren !

they WAY over reacted up there...

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
when i was in bentonVILLE last week they had the sirens goin' off like made...all for a freekin' t-storm.
ive lived in texas off and on more than 18yrs and IVE NEVER heard an storm siren !

they WAY over reacted up there...

Come to North AL, we got plenty of the sirens.

I grew up with 'em

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok you guys,,,, lets get these storms over with. We will be leaving for our trip east at the end of this month,,, and don't want to see any of that famous midwest, southeast, weather. On the Wildcat website(5th wheel), a guy had over 100 dents in his new PSD due to southeast hail the size of baseballs when that storm went through Alabama. It also broke out his windshield and all the plastic skylights on his 5th wheel.
So tell the bad weather to stop right now....:lmao

Stay safe back there, or vacation out here where the only destructive weather is usually high wind. :D

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I grew up w/ 'em too...they only work if theyre NOT over used (and
from what i could tell they WONT work in bentonville).

An example of that would be.. In Hawaii, when they have a Tsunami Alert/Drill.. very few pay attention. To many drills.. to many false alarms ?

But where's the Trade Off :dunno

Damned if ya Do, Damned if ya Don't I guess.

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Here's one for ya John.................. :D :D :D

Tbar

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58