Nothing yet...

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just called two dealerships that sell power adders, and they both told me that there is nothing out there now that the Ford Service Departments could not trace. They both said to keep it stock until the warranty runs out. One did say that a programmer out of Italy had a program for Dodge that is not traceable.
He said that it is not available for Ford yet.
It would be nice to have an extra 50 to 60 hp for pulling up grades, but not worth loosing the warranty.

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
well what i hear is that all these products are traceable if looked for hard enough and the tech is an a**. i ran a superchips on my 2k and now have my quadzilla xzt that i mentioned in you r other thread about tuner dependability and have had no problem getting warranty work done. the quadzilla chips come with a re wire thing that you just take the chip "box" off the cord and plug this device in and it supposively makes it read as if it had no mods. i personally havent tried it i just take the 10 minute to pull the chip and hook it all back stock. it just depends on how much the dealer tries to screw people over. i've had work done at 2 different ones with no problems. oh and with the xzt installed i have pulled about 16.5 - 17k yeah i think i was pushing the 250's weight limits but it did great

Last edited:

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I have found out. "This is word of mouth from my buddies at the dealership" is if you change back to the stock setting and undo the battery (both at the same time) and tap your brake this clears out all traces of the programmer. All that comes up is that the system has been cleared. The tapping of the brake is for discharging any and all compositors of power storage witch may help hold some info.

Now to beat the dealer asking about system being cleared you clean the top of the batt. trems. There is nothing said after that.

This is something Matt at Spartan Diesel technologies talk about on another site to.

Last edited:

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
From what I have found out. "This is word of mouth from my buddies at the dealership" is if you change back to the stock setting and undo the battery (both at the same time) and tap your brake this clears out all traces of the programmer. All that comes up is that the system has been cleared. The tapping of the brake is for discharging any and all compositors of power storage witch may help hold some info.

Now to beat the dealer asking about system being cleared you clean the top of the batt. trems. There is nothing said after that.

This is something Matt at Spartan Diesel technologies talk about on another site to.

yep its not so much of what they see, but what they dont see.
i learned and have had experiences of some techs getting "tudes" towards my truck because of the decal on the rear window of the truck club i was a member of. He figured because i was a member i must have a tuner of chip.
but all he could "see" was a lack of startup info and data streams. my batterry terminals are very clean and free of corrosion :sly
besides the a/c charge has nothing to do with a power adder?
it really boils down to your values. If you add a power adder and drive like a nascar junky and things break... dont ask ford to fix it.

i ran my 100hp load all the time in the 7.3, i never tore anything up.

but i did drop the tranny running stock climbing a mountain, pulling the RV :dunno being overweight must have killed the camel

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm

That is very good information. One of the vendors suggested calling my local
Ford dealer and ask if they sell and install any power adders, "which then would not void the warranty at that location", so I called and talked to the service manager, and he said that the 6.0 was close to maxed out power wise from the factory, and they do not sell or install any power adders for the 6.0
He said, any power adder would void my warranty. I asked about installing a egt gauge and senser, and he said that if I did, he would not warranty the turbo. He said that most egt sensors are pre-turbo, and a potential for turbo failure.
They are very set against any additions to the stock truck.
So, I guess I am going to be stock for another 3.5 years.
Since my truck has a manual transmission, I am not interested in racing it or burning up the tires. It would be nice to have extra power to pull the hills with the 5th wheel. Oh well,,, 45 mph in 3rd gear does pass most of the big rigs going up steep grades. My goal would be to be in direct drive "4th" and be at 55-60 mph going up a 6 or 7% grade pulling our 5th wheel.
Maybe I will need a new truck to do that, so maybe I will need to trade this one in some day.
Bama,,,with all that hp you have, what speed do you go up a 6% grade pulling 11 to 12k trailer in direct drive?

atk

Reaction score
Hmmmm

That is very good information. One of the vendors suggested calling my local
Ford dealer and ask if they sell and install any power adders, "which then would not void the warranty at that location", so I called and talked to the service manager, and he said that the 6.0 was close to maxed out power wise from the factory, and they do not sell or install any power adders for the 6.0
He said, any power adder would void my warranty. I asked about installing a egt gauge and senser, and he said that if I did, he would not warranty the turbo. He said that most egt sensors are pre-turbo, and a potential for turbo failure.
They are very set against any additions to the stock truck.
So, I guess I am going to be stock for another 3.5 years.
Since my truck has a manual transmission, I am not interested in racing it or burning up the tires. It would be nice to have extra power to pull the hills with the 5th wheel. Oh well,,, 45 mph in 3rd gear does pass most of the big rigs going up steep grades. My goal would be to be in direct drive "4th" and be at 55-60 mph going up a 6 or 7% grade pulling our 5th wheel.
Maybe I will need a new truck to do that, so maybe I will need to trade this one in some day.
Bama,,,with all that hp you have, what speed do you go up a 6% grade pulling 11 to 12k trailer in direct drive?

i would be talking to a different dealer...never herd of a egt probe causing
possible turbo failure....i just had my truck in for a fuel pump replacement and they never said one thing about my MODS. they wanted the work...just my 2 cents....

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
i would be talking to a different dealer......

x2

My truck is at the local Ford dealership right now getting new headgaskets, ARP headstuds, 2 new injectors, new EGR cooler, new oil cooler, and new EGR valve, all under warranty.

Before I ever took the truck in, I told them up front, that I had a chip, exhaust, intercooler, boost tubes, and intake elbow, that were all not stock, as well as the lift kit, and other goodies. They were willing to work on it no problem, they just told me that I'd have to pay a couple hours labor for them to remove the AMP electric steps, as they were in the way to lift the cab, and to remove any "performance" items and reinstall it all when it's done. I'll be out the door for under $200. with $100 of that being the deductable. By the time there all done it's gonna cost close to $7000 , most of that being labor, I don't know why any GOOD dealer would say no to it, but alot do. :dunno

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maxtor, you can order a truck with the banks system. That the only one the dealer will sell. I just looked at 3 trucks here at 1 of 4 dealers that sell them and there new trucks. This is a dealer set up deal only. Dealer installs everything and being dealer in stalled it the warranty is fine.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Because BANKS has done in-depth R&D with the Big 3, on both Diesel & Gas engines. >SOME< Banks Performance Enhancement parts are authorized (specifically by Ford) to be installed and not effect Warranty.

I'd get that in writting from Ford, not Banks. You can talk Moss-Magnuson warranty act all you want. But the fact is Ford has more lawyers than you do. If it comes down to that, getting any manufacturer to pay a denied warranty claim will cost you far more in legal fees than the original cost of the repair to begin with.

I've had a Banks "kit" before. It was overpriced for what you got and didn't live up to expectations. Since I got rid of it, my 7.3 is running far better using individual pieces from vendors we are all familiar with.

Even Banks' "propaganda", er I mean "advertising" is misleading as to performance gains. If you look at their spec sheet for whatever product your interested in (7.3 packages for example), they will claim, for example, a horsepower gain of 90hp. But if you look closer at their own data, you will see that the 90hp figure is well before or well past the peak hp. But at the point of maximum power output, the actual gain is considerably less than 90hp, more like 40hp to 60hp.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just pass'n on a Phone number TG. And some info I knew was out there, from a Ford garage that I know of, that is realistic, sencible and up to speed about, and to, those of us who put these things to work. Thats All.

By the "flavor" of this topic, it sounded to me as tho a member wants Just A Little More out of his 6.0. For a Long, Cross Country trip. It Can be Done.

You just have to find the right Ford Garage. Thats All.

I'm not a Banks fan either. They are an option, however.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14