Now Is The Time To Buy (If You Can)

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Good idea or am I a idiot?

Crumm, the F-150's in Texas have a discount of up to $8100 in addition to the employee pricing.

Up here in addition to the employee pricing they are giving $2,000 Retail Customer Cash, $3,000 Retail Owner Loyalty Cash (must present proof of ownership of 1998 or newer Ford product at delivery), and $1,000 Ford Credit Bonus Cash. I also got a card in the mail for another $750 off the F-Series. I checked out why they are offering more in Texas and it seems that sales are not down as much in the Northwest as they are in Texas so the rebates are a little less. Your extra $2,100 comes from extra $500 in customer cash, $800 Texas Edition Cash and $800 4.6L Super Crew Cash(I am going with 5.4L).

Since it seems that these F150's come two ways - good or bad and we got a bad one I think we are going to try again. We have searched high and low for another vehicle that will fill the void that will be left by dumping the F150 and the only option is another F150. I am not ready to go to a foreign maker or to GM or Dodge. A SUV is not very good for hauling garbage or bikes to BMX so they are out. A Superduty will not fit in the garage - too long and I have enough rigs in the shop.

Searched the local lot for a F150 and the only ones that fit the bill are Black and that is a no. Next we checked out other dealers and found one 300 miles away. It is going to be shipped here next week. New one is another Lariat like the one we have or I should say like the one that the Ford service department has(still waiting on parts). We had almost decided on waiting for the new 09' style to come out but when they offer 2k over book on our current junker and come up with a $27,174 price on a truck that has a MSRP of $45,395 it is just hard to wait three months and pay $45k for a 09'. This one is all decked out with all the unnecessary things a guy needs like Navigation radio, Audiophile, Reverse camera, Reverse Sensing system, 20" wheels, two-tone, Leather captain chairs and Moonroof along with a long list of the necessary items like tow package, block heater, longer 6.5' bed(5.5' on our current one won't hold much)and such. Color is Red Fire :sweet

In the past I have always had good luck with Ford so I am going to give them another chance. I know many guys that have not had a single problem with there 04'-up F150's and they have many more miles than we do. The list of problems that ours has had is very long so I hesitate in trying another one but there are several reasons I am going to.

1. Warranty is going to run out on our 05' this December :watchout
2. With no warranty I am going to go broke repairing this shop queen :doh:
3. They offered a good trade giving us $6084 equity :sly
4. New 08' has 5 year 60k mile warranty as where 05' only had 3 year :clap:
5. 08' is less than our 05' was so payment will be less than the 05' :D
6. There is a chance that the 08' will be a better truck than the 05'(can't be worse) :dizzy
7. If it turns out to be another lemon after a couple of years I will be in the same shape I am now and will try GM :eek:
8. Longer 6.5' bed will be nice as the 5.5' is too short for many things ;tu
9. $27,174 seems like a heck of a deal :dunno
10. If I have to take the 05' in for repair one more time I am going to go Postal............

Good idea or am I a idiot for giving them another chance??

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
By the way if it turns out to be another lemon like the 05' I am going to blame Wayne as his post got to me thinking about trying again.:D When we purchased the 05' we only planned on keeping it for three years and it did make it 32 months so we will try and keep this one for 40 months or for 10 years if it turns out to be a good one.

No one going to talk me out of this? :eek: I only have a few hours before the local dealer will be trading a Explorer SportTrac Adrenalin for it. The other dealer really wants the Adrenalin so they are willing to exchange the F150 for it.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Well when the 09's drop its going to make the obs F150's worth even less, so might as well cash in now. This sounds like a really nice truck. I've never seen a unit delivered with the back-up sensors AND the rear view camera.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Well when the 09's drop its going to make the obs F150's worth even less, so might as well cash in now. This sounds like a really nice truck. I've never seen a unit delivered with the back-up sensors AND the rear view camera.
While my 05' is a shop queen it has held its value better than I ever dreamed. Currently trading it in for 5k less than I paid which equals $161 a month for the time I had it. I did some figuring on other rigs I have had in the past and this one was the best by far as far as cost per month. Heck I paid 30k for Crummy 143 months ago and that figures out to $209 a month.

Don't know why it has both camera and sensors but it does along with every other option under the sun. I just hope the reverse camera and sensing system will help the wife keep it dent free. last winter she backed out of the garage and put a small dent under the taillight when she backed into our Explorer :doh:

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By the way if it turns out to be another lemon like the 05' I am going to blame Wayne as his post got to me thinking about trying again.:D When we purchased the 05' we only planned on keeping it for three years and it did make it 32 months so we will try and keep this one for 40 months or for 10 years if it turns out to be a good one.

No one going to talk me out of this? :eek: I only have a few hours before the local dealer will be trading a Explorer SportTrac Adrenalin for it. The other dealer really wants the Adrenalin so they are willing to exchange the F150 for it.
LOL Crumm!!! Glad I was able to help you out. Guess I've still got some "salesman's blood" in my veins. :D I don't see too many SuperCrews with the 6 1/2 ft bed around here, most of them are the 5 1/2 ft. variety, then of course, that's what most everyone wants. My wife mentioned the other day that the bed sure did seem short, and I told her it is a foot shorter than the PSD. When the F150 diesel comes out, I might go for one of them (after the "bugs" are gone).

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I don't see too many SuperCrews with the 6 1/2 ft bed around here, most of them are the 5 1/2 ft.
When the F150 diesel comes out, I might go for one of them (after the "bugs" are gone).
We have found that the 5.5 bed is too short to hold much. Even a 4-wheeler is out on the end of the tailgate. I think we will like the longer bed other than loosing some room in the garage.
With the current price of Diesel compared to gas they are going to have to make the F150 Diesel got some good MPG for it to sell. If they are successful we may trade in 2011.

I picked up our shop queen 05' F150 Thursday. The rattle they had been trying to find for a year turned out to be a vacuum leak :confused: Turns out when the engine was put under load the leak would open up and it would loose vacuum. With low vacuum the front hubs were trying to engage thus making a bad rattle sound. This is why both hubs went out last winter and why the whole heater control system was a pain since day one. At idle or cruise speed the vacuum was fine but under load the leak would open up and screw everything up. When I picked it up I reset the mpg meter. After driving around town - to work - and then home it is reading just under 18 mpg. Since day one it has never read over 16 and is normally 14-summer and 11-winter. I think this problem was the root of many of the problems it had. They also put all new bearings in the rear-end and changed out all front and rear seals. I am now second guessing if I should get rid of it if all systems are now go :dunno

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14