Now Is The Time To Buy (If You Can)

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Well when the 09's drop its going to make the obs F150's worth even less, so might as well cash in now.

They dropped today :rant Truck came in yesterday and today it is down getting the auto-start installed. Dealer just called and told me that they are going to have to lower my trade value $2,800. Guess you know what I told them :watchout Time to find the best price I can on extended warranty for our 05'. I had a deal from FordWarrantys for $190 off the regular discounted price but it ran out July 31 :doh:

Probably best this way but it pisses me off that I spent several hours removing all my accessories from the 05' and now I have to reinstall them on the same truck(leveling kit, light bar, four driving lights with wiring, door handles and a few other things).

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They dropped today :rant Truck came in yesterday and today it is down getting the auto-start installed. Dealer just called and told me that they are going to have to lower my trade value $2,800. Guess you know what I told them :watchout Time to find the best price I can on extended warranty for our 05'. I had a deal from FordWarrantys for $190 off the regular discounted price but it ran out July 31 :doh:

Probably best this way but it pisses me off that I spent several hours removing all my accessories from the 05' and now I have to reinstall them on the same truck(leveling kit, light bar, four driving lights with wiring, door handles and a few other things).

Crumm, that drop in the trade value sucks big time. Why did they drop the value? Seems as though they'd be willing to make a good deal since they knew you wanted the new truck. Guess that proves that all Ford (and most other) dealers are not alike.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Why did they drop the value?
Seems as though between the time they made the deal with me and a week later when we were ready to sign they took a 07' in on trade for $300 less than they were giving me for my 05'. Guess they decided if they could put the screws to that guy why not me too. I come from the school where a deal is a deal and since they changed the deal I will never buy from them again. If you can't believe a guys word then what good are they? When I told them to go ahead and get it I was prepared to sign on the dotted line for the deal they agreed to and I thought they were prepared to do the same. Not sure if it is all about the 07' they took in or if they also figured if they could get there hands on the only 08' in the state that matched what I was after that they would have me but I will keep my 05' before I pay $.01 more than the deal we made. I purchased our 00' Excursion and this 05 F150 from this salesman and he has always been a straight shooter so he may still make it right on Monday or Tuesday as he did say he was still working on it. If it is not made right I will not be back there nor will I send others to him like I have in the past. It will be a pain to travel to the next nearest dealer as they are 300 miles away but I will not deal with people that can't be trusted. At this point I wish I had not had them ship this 08' up here as I could run down there tomorrow and purchase it but I never dreamed that they would change the deal when it got here.

Sawboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good for you Crumm. Nice to see people still have the stones to make others honor their word nowadays. I am involved in a similiar thing with Carmax and damage they did to my wifes car. I am already thru the "Operation Manager", and now on my way up the district ladder. But like you..........I am going to get it made right!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14