O6 F-350 makin a noise when sheut off.

GGJPGUY

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello, as a long time diesel owner ( had a 6.9 and 7.3 na) I finally got modern and picked up an 06 F-350. I got it for a smokin deal. It had a 8" Skyjacker lift, King shocks, 37's on 22's, K&N intake. I indicated that he had a chip put in and that when you shut the truck off it makes a buzzing sound because of it. I have not pulled the ecm to see if it had one attached to it and when I had my mechanic buddy read the ecm, there where some things he could not get into. Other than the buzzing sound when I shut it off,( which goes away after about 30 seconds, or when I cycle the key on and off) the truck runs great. It doesn't have any extra smoke out of the pipe and runs like a stripe *****ed ape. I am just curious as to what that is.
I called the kid again to see if there was any paperwork for it and he said that the duy that did it for him left town and he can't get a hold of him. I just want to see what you all think before I take it to the dealer:eek:
any help would be apprecieated.

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
That buzzing is the injectors cycling due to a FORD programming update, helps with cold starts by spitting the oil out of the injectors. Not from a tuner. I get people asking me all the time whats up with my truck as I walk away. I tell them that's the bomb about to go off ;)

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is a newer update that eliminates the shutdown injuctor buzz. It is the inductive heating PCM Flash. It buzzes the injectors on startup and it eliminates the cold start rough idle / no power problem.

GGJPGUY

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Funny you should say that Roy, that is the same thing I tell the neighbor kids when they come around.:lmao:lmao
So I am guessing I have to take it to the dealer to get this re-flashed -mad-mad.
Seeings that I live in the desert I shouldn't need to worry too much cold start issues.
Thanks guys for the info.

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
GGJPGUY,

You are correct, the reflash would be at the dealer.

The cold start fix is not actually for cold ambient temperatures. It is with a cold engine. The oil in the HEUI injectors gets thick on cold startup (first time in the morning). My truck had not had either update done to it. Even in 60-70 weather here when I would first start the truck I would have no power, not throttle responce and a very rough idle. After a few minutes of running it would be fine. If I plugged in the block heater (mind you this is in the garage in 60 degree weather) it would act normally upon initial startup. I took it in and it was flashed and the new flash had the Inductive Heating stragety in it, when I first turn on the key while the GP's are heating the injectors buzz causing the oil in the injector to warm up. The cold oil in a cold engine (ambient cold temps) made it real interesting to get the engine started if it was not plugged in......

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
George, Get rid of the K&N filter. K&N does not filter very well and you will cause wear to the intake vanes in your turbo. Go with ANY other filter system that you want to.

Dave

GGJPGUY

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up Dave. Down here in the dez we run a filter sleeves over the K&Ns called and "OuterWear" They do a real good job as a prefilter. I have run them on all my vehicles and it really extends the life of any filter media.

GGJPGUY

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Dave there is a pic of the "Dry Chrager" that K&N makes in my pics that I posted. Outerwear is the original I believe. Any one that can get one to run over there filters wether they are an after market or even paper (old style round ones) the are worth the investment.

Last edited:

GGJPGUY

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Took it to the dealer :rant and got my ***** wacked for an hour of shop time to upload the new ECM flash. But Now my truck isn't going to blow up. LOL Roy!! Thanks guys for the info it is much appreciated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58