OEM radio removal????

Reaction score
Yes but if he has never taken apart his dash there are 2 screws behind the radio that will not allow the dash to come off. Pulling on the cassette hole works best in my tries. Or try sticking yer tounge out, that ussually gets it for me.

wpecjak

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
thanks I got the radio out... used words that shouldn't be repeated...bit my tongue (thanks rooster) but it came out. Turns out one of the clips was broken, so DIN tool was only moving half the clip on the drivers side. Need to fix the clip, but I like new tasks.

Friis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi. Do you know if I can fit a 2-DIN head unit in the place of the stock radio (with cd and tape players) in my truck? I had some dude from a shop take a look and he told me that it was a 1.5 DIN that was in there, and recommended a 1 DIN unit with a flip screen. But I don't want a flip screen, and the empty space beneath or above the 1 DIN radio sure would look stupid. If it is indeed a 1.5 DIN, do you know of any touch screen/navigation/DVD units in that size? :dunno

Thanks.

IHC Power

STOCK STROKE
Reaction score
DIN size

No Superduty 1999-2010 has a 1.5 din radio, they are all double din size and that's how the cookie crumbles.

Friis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks. Guess I need to trim it to double DIN then. Can this be done with a fairly pro looking result?

IHC Power

STOCK STROKE
Reaction score
Yes

I did mine, just pull the whole dash panel and do it somewhere you can be comfortable and use a good dremel tool, test fit alot so your not oversized.

commanderjjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No Superduty 1999-2010 has a 1.5 din radio, they are all double din size and that's how the cookie crumbles.

So if they are all double DIN, then why do I read all the posts about grinding to make a double DIN fit? Not trying to say that you're wrong, just curious as to why that is?:confused:

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
So if they are all double DIN, then why do I read all the posts about grinding to make a double DIN fit? Not trying to say that you're wrong, just curious as to why that is?:confused:

You are correct on that one commanderjones.

We do have a 1.5 DIN size radio. i found that out the hard way when i ordered a double DIN to put in my 1.5 DIN slot in my grand am.

From the post i have read, you have to cut the bottom trim piece off to make a double din fit. there is not much difference in size of the double and 1.5 DIN, but enough difference to have to do some trimming.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr